“No need to look anywhere else in Cormayeur”

Ristorante La Terrazza
Ranked #4 of 111 Restaurants in Courmayeur
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Service was friendly, food was great and judging by the press of locals on a Tuesday evening, everyone from Courmayeur knows it! Not the cheapest place I've eaten in Italy, but definitely worth it. If I'm back here again I won't bother trying anywhere else...

1  Thank thirkej

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have arrived half hour ago and people at the restaurant pretend I am invisible. No one came to our table for the whole time. Not even water was offered. I am leaving now to go to another restaurant.

2  Thank Lilian P
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Right, a family of 5 on a budget (of sorts...), we looked at a number of restauraants in Courmayeur and came to the conclusion that the Kids menu and the menu of the day represented good value compared to the ubiquitous offerings elsewhere. We were right - it was superb - a different class - to be recommended!
A lesson....

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Probably I was not lucky this time, but the owner (?) running the show was excessively loud, picky in his hospitality favours, and his input to his inexperienced and relatively unwelcoming staff was nil. I was even politely kicked out of the place because I was at their empty terrace 30 minutes before opening (they could have offered a seat). Menu was OKish but my choice of local specialties was not impressive taste-wise, and the bill was not bad by Swiss standards :-) Italians like kids but some of them (and their parents) are wild (i.e., had to stand a group of 4 nouveau-riche Italian parents+their 5 young kids+the owner all screaming at high decibels at my ears during most of my dinner time).

1  Thank Ulysse2801
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot - five Americans hungry after a day of hiking, looking for a table before 7 pm opening. When we returned at 7, we were largely ignored for a bit. Then, admittedly, my dining companions were a little scattered in their questions. But in the end, the food was good (except for the pizza) and the host was charming, comping the two who did not have the menu of the day dessert and sending over local after dinner drinks (NOT grappa, he explained). Never did see the amazing dessert table, but we were a little off season.