“Excellent value for money”
Review of Al Torchio

Al Torchio
Reserve with
Al Torchio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 114 Restaurants in Courmayeur
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Excellent service, very good dessert and local wine (recommend the Torrette Supérieure at € 4.50 a glass). 2 courses, a glass of wine and coffee at € 19 per person. Strongly recommended.
There are some dishes (e.g., lasagne) that are only available on 24 hours' notice - so book ahead.

1  Thank David_de_Gouvieux

Reviewed March 19, 2011

I've always been in love with Italian food but I think I never truly knew what Italian food was about until I had 2 dinners in Al Vecchio Torchio...The food is DE-LI-CIOUS...Absolutely no words to describe Simone's lasagna (and carbonara) and Giorgia's desserts! You have to taste it to believe it! I just wish I could taste some of their famous wine selection-maybe next time! These people put as much heart and devotion in their food as they are in their guests. I was welcomed with an amazing hospitality and had few lovely chats. The locals tend to pop in for a glass of wine, cheese platter and a friendly conversation. If I ever will be in the area, I promise you guys to step in even to say "hello"! You made my holiday worthwhile! simply- THE BEST!

1  Thank annabananna888
Reviewed February 19, 2011

When my friends and me were planning our trip to Courmayeur, I had found some good reviews about this local restaurant and all of them turned out absolutely right!! Fantastic lasagna! But you should book your table and this meal in advance, especially in overcrowded time. Special thanx to Georgia - enoteca's sommelier! Amarone was wonderful!

Reviewed January 27, 2011

Due to a coincidence we found this little restaurant which is a bit outside of Courmayeur "centre"; at about 3 minutes within walking distance. As we are having a dog (Bernese Mountain dog), we were not sure whether we could enter the restaurant with him. But they were very friendly and they assigned us a nice table. They have tipical italian food (not pizza). If you want to have a speciality (ike the "stinco" - knuckle of pork) you should make a reservation on beforehand. The wines are superbe and also their assortment of italian grappas is very good.
During the weekend it would be best to make a reservation before!

Reviewed September 28, 2010

I found this restaurant through TA. It had one review due to opening in January 2010. I made contact with the reviewer and they kindly gave me the email address.

I emailed to receive the phone number and then called and spoke to a lovely woman named Giorgia, she and her husband Simone own the restaurant. We exchanged greetings and Giorgia talked to me about the restaurant and menu. They don’t have a typed menu and don’t cook items typically found in every other restaurant in town she explained. This was just fine by me!

They cook several items a night, just what is fresh and in season and will accommodate almost any special needs or requests. We arrived around 8 pm with a party of four and were treated to warm hospitality and plenty of charm.

Each course was carefully prepared by Simone and paired with a glass of wine personally selected for us by Giorgia who is a certified sommelier. BTW, Simone does make a killer lasagna! We ate, laughed with our friends and interacted with our hosts. We had a fabulous evening and rolled out of the restaurant extremely pleased with our choice.

The restaurant is small and on the main road which is easy to find. Prices are very reasonable and the owners are most charming. Please go, you won’t be disappointed. Please tell them the guy with the Hershey Kisses sent you!

1  Thank john b