“Very relaxed mountain place; for skiing or just relaxing”
Review of Les Neiges d'Antan

and 1 more site!
Les Neiges d'Antan
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Breuil-Cervinia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place is amazing, but probably not for everyone. Away from the centre, and one would wish to be snowed in. Local food, different from what would be on a traditional Italian place. Service very personal, making up for small shortcomings at the comfort level. We enjoyed the place with our 3 kids; but it would even be better for a romantic getaway. We intend to come back, possibly in the summer.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room or Matterhorn view. Avoid 101. Talk with the staff beforehand. Ski passes easi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Witteveen_12

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I think this hotel has achieved such a good rating because of the people who own and work in the hotel. They are an absolute delight. From the moment we arrived when the cases were whisked to the room and then the amiable George offered to put the special fuel anti-freeze in our rental car for us and regularly started it for us whilst it sat idle. He is also a master at backgammon but he is not the champion!!!!?

All the staff made for a wonderful visit. The barman Sergio has a vast array of drinks and spirits (many of which I have never heard of or tasted yet!). Although the half board menu does not have a huge choice we were always more than satisfied with what was offered. On the one occasion my wife was struggling with the choice they happily offered another alternative. The food was amazing, it had had a modern touch but was typically Italian, traditionally local and always fresh and handmade. Thank you Damion!

We have visited Cervinia before and stayed at a different hotel on the slopes. We were slightly concerned that the hotel was out of the village but it didn't matter because we were transported anywhere we requested by the hotel staff and vehicles.
The hotel has a lovely feel to it, in that it has a modern feel but still retains all the charm of the original building. The fireplaces in all the public spaces are a delight.

We stayed in a superior room which face the Matterhorn, we did look at the standard rooms and these are on the lower floor. The rooms at the rear of the hotel appear to have bigger windows, so I guess it would be compromise between either the extra light or the view.

We left the hotel feeling as if we had made new friends, but not before we made another booking for later this year.

Room Tip: As per my review the rooms at the rear have larger windows so more light, but no view of the Matterh...
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I spent the perfect 8 day/ 7 night holiday here and with wonderful staff that define what customer service should be along with a room to be envied (#203) that was beyond clean every day thanks to the wonderful house staff (thank you ladies!). We were greeted on arrival by Ludo and our bags were carried and delivered before we could admire the welcome area. Sergio,the bartender, who never sleeps was always around for a cuppa. The dining and kitchen staff are truly superb and in our entire week we never ate the same meal twice. Bravo! Thank you Luca and Andreas for keeping our table full of food and good company from yourselves. The drivers of which 2 are Marco and Gheorghe were always about and so ready to take us wherever and whenever we liked and I enjoyed learning French and Italian and a small bit of Romania from them all. Noroc Gheorghe, your are the champion for now! For my husband having a massage with Francesa every day after skiing was the prevention and cure all in one and was brilliant. Each night we also enjoyed the relaxing spa room, herbal tea and then the Turkish bath and outdoor jacuzzi sat surrounded by the snow and stars. Ludivico, you and your staff are more than 5 star and I envy your job as much as your wine cellar. Thank you for giving us a holiday of memories on all accounts. We shall see you in the summer to experience this fabulous destination when I can walk the mountains. Grazie!!

Room Tip: Any room has a view and the dining room faces the Matterhorn so you will see it each day regardless...
1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and myself enjoyed very much ou three days break at that place. It is a very charming hotel in a magnificent surrounding. The people of the hotel are so lovely and helpful. The wellness is a great and relaxing place. The food is outstanding. We will certainly come back!!!

1  Thank Adrien H
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel was amazing the ambient is completely relaxing !! Feels like you are in your own home ! All the staff available for your every need !! The location is also perfect for skiing and also has a shuttle bus that will take you to the cable car to ski !!!!! The food was excellent. I had 3 children with me and they were very helpful to supply special meals for them!!
Overall a great hotel and the spa speaks for itself small but perfect with fantastic views !!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Les Neiges de Antan is a gem in the alps. Ludo and his team create a great atmosphere, good genuine local Italian food, there is a fantastic wine cellar and there is a great transport service to the slopes.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

It's been twenty five years since I last visited this hotel and still remember the names of everybody that worked their. We arrived during a blizzard after picking the hotel out of a michelin guide after they closed all the lifts in Chamonix. We were all in our early twenties and walked into the hotel in tie dyes only to realize that the cliental were in a completely different income, age and partying bracket!!! Everything in the hotel was awesome, food, drinks, service and rooms are all top notch. We had a blast with the owners, their kids and the staff and it was all hugs when we left. So you now know why I remember everybody's name. So 25 years and 20 thousand guests later I send an e mail to inquire about a room for me and my kids. The next hour I get a call from Ludwig the son. " Mr Cook, are you the crazy american that stayed with us 25 years ago? We would love to see you again and will set up all of your arrangements". How crazy is that!!! All set to fly out and a fluke blizzard in NYC blew up my trip. I will return!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends