“excellent”
Review of Osteria da Nando

Osteria da Nando
Reserve with
Osteria da Nando is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 291 Restaurants in Aosta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
SanktPeterburg, Saint Petersburg City, Russia
“excellent”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Wonderful cozy little restaurant in the heart of the city. Delicious dishes with unexpected flavor. Cabbage soup with cinnamon and local cheese is incomparable.

Visited January 2013

milano
“Unmissable if you are in town”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We happen to be in Aosta quite often because my girlfriend's parents live nearby. Whenever we can we try to secure a table at Nando's. In our view it is definetely the best in Aosta, with excellent typical food from the Aosta Valley and an amazing wine list! Prices are reasonable and the price/quality ratio is excellent. Booking in advance is highly recommendable especially on weekends.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank giorgionet
Woodinville
“Excellent food.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

2010
They advertise Valdostane specialities so we went in but were were somewhat dismayed to see it was dead empty - we were the first customers. We feel that is never a good sign, but the menu looked good and we were hungry so we gave it a reluctant chance. Good thing too, because the food was excellent - it was probably the best meal we'd ever had in Aosta. I had fonduta (it's essentially fondue) for the very first time and loved it. My wife had polenta and Fontina that she loved. They were similar but different. My fonduta came with little dried pieces of bread that you dipped into the fonduta - a mixture of Fontina and something else that kept it liquid. It came bubbling in a little individual fondue bowl. Another bowl held some polenta that was made with what tasted like roasted corn because there were little black flakes of burnt corn in it. You dip that separately into the fonduta too, keeping the bread and polenta separate. My wife's polenta was the same as mine, but being mixed with melted and creamy Fontina, hers tasted quite different from mine. We ordered a small bottle of the local wine that was pretty good. Also a bottle of sparkling water. We were extremely happy with the food (E42 - 2010 prices).

2012
A return trip to Aosta meant lunch at Nando... We were pleased to see it was still the same. Turns out they'd been in the business for 75 years! And the family that runs it is named "Scarpa" - almost a relative - my mom's cousin married a Scarpa. Our young server is a Scarpa so I told him my story and he was most interested. They had no relatives in California though and his dad told us the family originally came from Spain to Sardinia and then to Venice and then all over Italy, so they're not really a "local" family name. I had Bagna Cauda (which I have always wanted to try so now was the time). My wife again went with polenta with fontina. This time, hers was okay - but at okay, it was still better than mine. Actually, mine was okay too, but you really have to like anchovies and vegetables to like it a lot. It's a sort of thick anchovie-flavored soup that you dip raw vegetables in and then eat. The veggies were good and fresh, but I'm really more of a meat lover but never the less I stuck with it and ate most of the veggies. It was good and I'd recommend it just because I feel you should always try the local specialties. We'll definately be returning on our next trip to Aosta.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank frammis
“To try”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

One of the best restaurant in Aosta. Definitely to try if you are close to this city . Amazing food and perfect service

Glasgow
“Very good local food.”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We ate a delicious meal of wild mushroom salad, tagliatelle with smoked lardo, shared the local veal fondue then finished with fresh berries with lemon and sugar. Just what we needed.

• Visited July 2012