“What a lucky find”
Review of Trattoria Aldente

Trattoria Aldente
Reserve with
Trattoria Aldente is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 293 Restaurants in Aosta
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
“What a lucky find”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

On an impulse my wife and I decided to try this restaurant, what a find. We were shown to the rear cellar which had a lovely atmosphere. I have never seen so many bottles of wine on display. I started with Asparagus followed by Gnocchi with clams, delicious. My wife has veal with an Artichoke sauce, wonderful. Thoroughly recommended

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“We are in Italy!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

One of the best experience in our trip to Chamonix...

We had the pleasure to know Aosta and find this amazing Trattoria.

The ambiance, the food, the price, the owner and the waiter.... All amazing...

A very friendly place....

For sure we'll be back...

Cause " We are in Italy my friend!!!"

Regards,

Ricardo and Carolina (from Brazil and not from Nederlands).... ;-)

• Visited February 2014
UK
“Just what we were looking for in Aosta”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We spent one night in Aosta and were in search of good food and wine in the right atmosphere and we found it at Aldente. The staff were very kind and helpful. The woman who decanted our wine made it into an art - wonderful! The portions are generous, the food local and the atmosphere was warm, welcoming and romantic.

• Visited December 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“WHAT A GREAT OWNER”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We order 4 places asking if it is possible to get soup.As the answer was yes we arrived to the restaurant at 8:00 p.m
There are 2 options to order:
1 "fix menu" and "a la carte".
2 of us order the fix menu and the other order some plates from the menu.
The food was great and so were the house wine.
When we ask the bill the waiter send us to pay at the front desk.
As we saw the women typing the portions we realized that it don't match the "fix menu" for 2 of us.
The bill was around 155 EURO for all of us.
we decided not to speak but not to tip as we were charged for "cuperto"
The owner ask us if there is any problem and I told her about this issue.
She immediately give me back 20 EURO and i told her that 10 will be O.K she insist and finally give me 10+ 2 small bottles of wine.
I like to thank her again for the honest act and finely she told me that they are working very hard for giving the guests a good feel.
I suggest all the owners to behave like her and I am sure that people will come to those places that are not tourist tramp.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good local home cooking”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Wish all restaurants that call themselves "trattoria" were this authentic and homely. A great choice of menus (one featuring pumpkin in every course, one with local Val d'Aosta specialities) and an extensive à la carte choice. All prices were very reasonable. The wine selection is not huge but the local pinot noir that we tried was excellent value for money.

Overall, perhaps it's enough to say that we're already planning another trip to Aosta just for another dinner here.

Visited November 2013