Hotel America
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsbreakfast buffettrain stationwould stay againone night staynice hotelnice breakfastcity centrecastleproofduomo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We had reserv. for 3 nights in late February, and arrived at the hotel on a Friday night. Parking in front of the hotel was full, but we were able to unload at the entrance, take our bags to our room, and return to move our car. Checked into our room on the 3rd floor, and found the carpeting to be worn/old, and the bed very firm. Returned to ask for another room and was informed that the hotel was full, but I was advised that a room change would be possible in the morning. After breakfast on Sat. the clerk informed me that I could change to a room on the 5th floor. That room was more spacious, the bed much more comfortable, and it had a terrazza with a beautiful view of the old town and the Dolomiti mountains. The staff was courteous and attentive to every one of our requests. The breakfast buffet is pretty complete, and dining in the glass enclosed attrium is very nice. On a late breakfast Sunday morning there were no prepared eggs, so we requested eggs, and the staff promptly prepared them exactly as requested. The coffee machine had been shut off when I went for a second cup, so the gal attending to the coffee bar immediately prepared a fresh cappuccino for me. Parking is avail. in a multistory parking garage 2 city blocks down, for a reasonable price (5 euro per exit, regardless of duration). We parked for 2.5 days and paid only 5 Euros. On Sunday night there was a space in front of the hotel, so there was no charge thereafter. Wifi was available at no additional charge, but the clerk must provide you with a user name and password to enter, and I had no problem logging on. Each room has a small paperback book written in Italian with b&w photos, outlining the life of the owner, his family tree, his travel to Wyoming via Ellis Island, NY, and his return to Trento after 10 years of working in the mines in Wyoming. I don't speak or read Italian, but I was able to decipher the major details and found it all fascinating. This is a family owned and managed property, and they go out of their way to please their customers. The hotel is right on the very edge of the old town, and a very easy walk to all historical sites, including the Castello del Buonconsiglio, the Duomo, public transport, etc. Within a very short walk from the hotel is the underground Roman city of Tridentum. We did not discover this until Sunday night, and the museum is closed on Mondays, but it would have been worth the visit.
The train station and bus station are about an 8 minute walk from the hotel - straight shot out the front door, and you keep walking directly till you run into both. Buses are 90 cents per person and tickets are good for 70 minutes after initial validation. We were able to take the #4 bus to a large shopping center called the COOP, and return with the same ticket. Just beyond the train station, and walking on the elevated street over the train tracks, is a cable car. For only 90 cents per person you can take the cable car up to a mountain that gives you a spectacular birdseye view, on a clear day, of the entire city of Trento, the Dolomiti mountains, a war memorial, the motorway, and the river Adige. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bavarianride
Reviewed December 11, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel twice, summer and winter, both times we were very happy with the service, accomodations and location. It is clean, well maintained, the staff speak very little English but they are friendly and try to be helpful. The rooms are a little on the small side as are the bathrooms. But the bed was comfortable, there is plenty of room for a suitcase and we travel with our two dogs so they were welcomed and there was enough room for them too. Breakfast is very good and served in a pretty glass enclosed attrium. The hotel is just around the corner from the main castle of the city and just a minute or two walk to the old centre of the town and the cathedral. There is a parking garage about 3 minutes walk and the hotel has a special low rate for guests. I look forward to staying there again which is the best compliment you can pay a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ChristineMargaret
Reviewed December 3, 2010

We found Hotel America by chance & were pleased we did.A very central location within walking distance to the old centre with a great choice of good restaurants.We stayed 2 nights,our room was situated at the back so was very quite & also very comfortable with a good size bathroom.All the staff were friendly & helpful,we loved the generous breakfast & we even had a free car park right at the front of the Hotel.We would stay there again as the position is fabulous & very good value.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank carol p
Reviewed August 29, 2010

This would be about a 10 minute walk from the train station. Staff were very pleasant and courteous from the reservation process through to checkout. The room was comfortable and had a unique, pleasant wall painting! The carpet was old and dingy; some guests might want to bring slippers. The bathroom was modern and immaculate. The air conditioning worked well, and it was HOT in July 2010. The breakfast buffet provided many choices including eggs and gluten-free or sugar-free items. Near high-end shopping. Major square was a 10 minute walk (for me as an older person). My room was on the fourth floor facing the street, but noise was not a problem. Hotel did not charge me extra for Internet, but you needed a code from the front desk every 24-hours. I had trouble logging on at first. It may have been because I got the code in the morning and did not try to use it until four or five hours later. Desk gave me a second code and from then on I had good access from my room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank BHA_10
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Highly recommendable business hotel, 5 minutes from train station, with comfortable rooms and a very nice restaurant.
Service is careful, everyone of the staff is willing to help in any possible way.
Breakfast buffet is rich and tasty.
Good value for money.