“Very good (don't call it the best..)”
Review of Grom

Grom
Ranked #4 of 16 Dessert in Trento
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Trento quite surprisingly is a kind of Capital of gelato with a huge number of gelateria opened on summer. There is one in every corner!

Grom is a well know chain and Trento is actually the place where I tried their ice cream first.
It is very good, superbly presented with seasonal variation on flavours..

I would call it one of the best of standard ice cream.
I won't call it THE best because it won't be correct with respect to many other local gelateria with proper craftman ice cream and fresh fresh ingredients. Of course spoiling these places is an art and needs time. If you are simply passing by and want a good one then Grom is a certainty!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

They only make gelato with the best possible ingredients and they only use the fruits the season has to offer.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The ice-cream was very tasty and many flavors are available. So one should definitely visit it! A friend told me that all the ice-cream is supposedly made by hand but I haven't checked this statement.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

While in Trento we were taken to Grom by our friends there. The ice cream is exactly as it should be: creamy and tasty. Especially the pistachio one, which, personally, I consider it a hit. I highly recommend Grom if you are in search of a good tasting and good quality ice cream.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Gelateria Grom was selected for a visit by us in the Italian Trip due to the fact that it is proven gluten free ice cream and the information you have for the products in Internet was complete and trustworthy. So we visited the place (and Trento as well) for the taste of it - overall famous Italian Ice cream and also the gluten free one.

The day of visit was rather warm - so when we found GROM gelateria on the Fontaine Square the line was already on the street - which is also a good sing for a proper place. The line was rather long but as we traveled a bit to this place we took it stoicaly under the sun. It was all worth it.

The Gelateria is working under following conditions - out of the rather great variety of the tastes every month only some selection is available for a customers - there are a number of clasical creamy ice creams and also sorbes with the various fruity tastes. You may get the basket of 4 different sizes (from mini of 2 euro to maxi of 5,5 euro- my advise would be big of 3,5 euro where you can get three different tastes if you like) or corn tube - also different sizes - well it is not such a good idea unless you do like the corns (and they are not gluten free either) as the ice cream melting and droping all around - one we tool for me was a bit of the mess.

From the tastes - vanila ice cream was simply the hit!!! It was very very tasty, chockolate noir had some sort of inclusions - supose to be pieces of chocolate - the taste was great but I am not big fun of pieces in the ice cream! Pistachio and Toranchino were equaly great and the sorbets of the Sicilian Lemon was simply great treat in the hot sunny day!

The ice creams are coming from the special bins - slightly different that usual plastic containers otherwise and the way it is served also reminds the old nice days - well it may be resemblance of the serving and resablence of the taste which made me feel very pleased even I am not great fun of the ice cream - overall - the place worth trying - try the "normal" tastes and sorbes - and overall you may sit by the Neptune Fontain and enjoy the ice cream during the sunny day! Great Experience in the great place. Recommended,