“Good Vacation”

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Trento
Alassio, Italy
“Good Vacation”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel is in a perfect position, 5 minutes away (on foot!!!)  from the very centre of the city. The hotel is really comfortable, and the staff friendly. I couldn't eat in the restaurant, but the continental breakfast was excellent, though I would have liked to taste more typical products. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GHTRENTO, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your overall positive and generous feedback. We hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again.
Andrea Allegro.
G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
midlands
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We hadn't booked but came to this hotel after a long journey. The room was a little old fashioned but very comfortable . It was very clean with a good bath/shower. We ate in the restaurant and were served by a very helpful and efficient young lady. The food was good, with generous portions. We slept well and breakfast was generally good with a varied choice.the biggest disappointment was the juice. It tasted more like squash and though you can choose hand squeezed for an additional charge there is no need for this watered down version. I would rather pay a little more for the breakfast generally and be given something of quality without the need to go to freshly squeezed. It is a shame as it lets the hotel down where everything else was very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GHTRENTO, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Teeathome,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on your recent stay with us.
Comfortable room, very clean, efficient staff at restaurant, good food, generous portions, breakfast generally good but an "awful" orange juice. Still half of the review and the title are referrred to the orange juice! Well, I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations in terms of facilities and specially the service we provided, and I am sorry that you did not appreciate our orange juice. I know it is an high quality product, I'll try to find out what happened when you stayed with us.We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trento in the future.
Kindest regards
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Good European hotel: comfortable room (I like the bed/pillow), all high tech mod cons without spoiling old style ambience. Nice touch: labels on shampoo etc. you can read without a microscope and a translator.
Great location right by park and station, on way to scenic streets.
Airy restaurant, not pretentious; pleasant, helpful staff, wifi cost very reasonable.
Didn't pay so no idea on value .....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GHTRENTO, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Jmwb,
I’m happy to hear that your stay at the Grand Hotel Trento lived up to your expectations.
Rest assured I will certainly share your kind comments with the team.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel Trento in the future.
G. M.
Piacenza, Italy
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Nice "old" renewed hotel. Particularly suggested for business. Railway station at walking distance (300mt). Car parking available (at better price than public parking). Rich breakfast. Price adequate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tarant0la
GHTRENTO, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your straight to the point feedback which truly sums up all the benefits from Grand Hotel Trento.
I look forward to your next visit in Trento..
Sitges, Spain
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Two nights ago, my partner and I had a stay in this hotel and chose it particularly because of their Spa services. I really felt like a pedicure to rejuvenate tired tourist feet. My partner also wanted a massage but after my experience in the 'beauty centre', was not encouraged to try. My pedicure was a disaster from beginning to end. I was left to soak for 2mins, quite normal, this ended up being 12mins, then I was asked if I minded two people working my feet at the same time, which seemed to me like a good idea. However, one of them cut one of my toes and the other scalped a rather large piece of skin of the other. Much blood and drama to follow, which ended up in my being disinfected and bandaged just so I could get out of there. Needles to say I continue to have discomfort in walking and indeed cannot wear closed shoes. So onwards with our visits in the Alps with my feet in bandage and open sandals. Not ideal, but what can I do. I hope this might make other travellers aware of what I thought was a poor part of the hotel service. Everything else in the hotel was fine, this left me with a bad taste in my mouth. My overall rating is for the hotel NOT the Spa.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GHTRENTO, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear GMCLMHO,
Thank you for sharing your experience with all Tripadvisor travelers. We have already apologized
by private e-mail about your bad experience in the Spa. This is the first time an event like this has ever happened, and we are very sorry that this fact spoilt the rest of your vacations.
I hope you will have the chance to stay with us again when you are next in Trento.
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed July 26, 2012

There are a lot of 4* hotels in the center of cities, but not with the style, as this one. This is a perfect Art Decor masterpiece, at least at public areas. The room was rather small for a hotel like this. The breakfast was good, but could be more variegated. You have to pay for the internet (5 Euro per day), and the hotel parking is 11 Euro per day - really not a must, as there are a lot of parking places in vicinity, 1 Euro per hour at daytime. Very good service and perfect location in the center.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Zeituni,
Thank you so much for such lovely comments, we’re so pleased you enjoyed the style and ambience of the hotel.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trento in the future.
G. M.
Helsinki
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have always been thinking people who complained on the quality of hotel beds were not well in the head. This is obviously because I have never been to this hotel. Now I know what does "a very uncomfortable bed and a very hard pillow" really means. I relly wonder what on earth do they put in those mattresses - I have a hard mattress at home, but this was beyond hard. And pillows? You could use them as a defense weapon if someone attacked you in the middle of the night - if you hit someone with that pillow on a head that someone would get a serious concussion and would be knocked out for a few hours. This describes how hard are they. The rest was all right. Room was spacious, bathroom was clean and nice looking, there was a room for luggage and an iron board and an iron. Breakfast was all right. The hotel was very close to the centre. I will never go to this hotel again because neither me nor my family got any sleep at night because of the beds and pillows.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
GHTRENTO, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Tanja R,
I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Most of our guests love our mattresses and pillows and I personally receive several inquiries from them about the supplier in order to purchase the same products for home. Anyhow please accept our sincere apologies that your stay did not live up to your expectations.