“A good adress”

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Trento
Piacenza, Italy
“A good adress”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Nice "old" renewed hotel. Particularly suggested for business. Railway station at walking distance (300mt). Car parking available (at better price than public parking). Rich breakfast. Price adequate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tarant0la
GHTRENTO, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your straight to the point feedback which truly sums up all the benefits from Grand Hotel Trento.
I look forward to your next visit in Trento..
Andrea Allegro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sitges, Spain
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Two nights ago, my partner and I had a stay in this hotel and chose it particularly because of their Spa services. I really felt like a pedicure to rejuvenate tired tourist feet. My partner also wanted a massage but after my experience in the 'beauty centre', was not encouraged to try. My pedicure was a disaster from beginning to end. I was left to soak for 2mins, quite normal, this ended up being 12mins, then I was asked if I minded two people working my feet at the same time, which seemed to me like a good idea. However, one of them cut one of my toes and the other scalped a rather large piece of skin of the other. Much blood and drama to follow, which ended up in my being disinfected and bandaged just so I could get out of there. Needles to say I continue to have discomfort in walking and indeed cannot wear closed shoes. So onwards with our visits in the Alps with my feet in bandage and open sandals. Not ideal, but what can I do. I hope this might make other travellers aware of what I thought was a poor part of the hotel service. Everything else in the hotel was fine, this left me with a bad taste in my mouth. My overall rating is for the hotel NOT the Spa.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GHTRENTO, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear GMCLMHO,
Thank you for sharing your experience with all Tripadvisor travelers. We have already apologized
by private e-mail about your bad experience in the Spa. This is the first time an event like this has ever happened, and we are very sorry that this fact spoilt the rest of your vacations.
I hope you will have the chance to stay with us again when you are next in Trento.
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed July 26, 2012

There are a lot of 4* hotels in the center of cities, but not with the style, as this one. This is a perfect Art Decor masterpiece, at least at public areas. The room was rather small for a hotel like this. The breakfast was good, but could be more variegated. You have to pay for the internet (5 Euro per day), and the hotel parking is 11 Euro per day - really not a must, as there are a lot of parking places in vicinity, 1 Euro per hour at daytime. Very good service and perfect location in the center.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Zeituni,
Thank you so much for such lovely comments, we’re so pleased you enjoyed the style and ambience of the hotel.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trento in the future.
G. M.
Helsinki
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have always been thinking people who complained on the quality of hotel beds were not well in the head. This is obviously because I have never been to this hotel. Now I know what does "a very uncomfortable bed and a very hard pillow" really means. I relly wonder what on earth do they put in those mattresses - I have a hard mattress at home, but this was beyond hard. And pillows? You could use them as a defense weapon if someone attacked you in the middle of the night - if you hit someone with that pillow on a head that someone would get a serious concussion and would be knocked out for a few hours. This describes how hard are they. The rest was all right. Room was spacious, bathroom was clean and nice looking, there was a room for luggage and an iron board and an iron. Breakfast was all right. The hotel was very close to the centre. I will never go to this hotel again because neither me nor my family got any sleep at night because of the beds and pillows.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
GHTRENTO, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Tanja R,
I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Most of our guests love our mattresses and pillows and I personally receive several inquiries from them about the supplier in order to purchase the same products for home. Anyhow please accept our sincere apologies that your stay did not live up to your expectations.
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and I looked forward this year (May, 2012) to a first-time visit to my grandfather's home town. We spent five days at the Grand and enjoyed the grandeur and excellent service there. Most of the interesting places are no more than a ten-minute walk. The castle is about a twenty-minute casual walk. (We're both in our sixties.)

We walked and pulled our two full-sized suitcases from the train station across the Piazza Dante to the hotel in less than five minutes.

The front-desk staff were excellent. The three that we dealt with around the clock were very friendly and spoke English very well. When we inquired about shopping, restaurants, transportation, Bolzano, and so forth, they were expansive in their desire to help and took their time with us.

The room was clean and nice but not on the scale of the hallways and lobbies. However, we were impressed with the pretty marble bathroom.

We recommend paying for the buffet breakfast which was varied and ample and good quality. The breakfast room was very large with plenty of seating. In fact, it was the largest of all the hotels we've stayed at in Rome and Florence.

On the down side, the room was large enough but not the quality of the rest of the hotel. The bed (mattress) was passable but not that comfortable.

We'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim J
, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Jim,
Perfect Location, Perfect Service, High Quality and a relaxed friendly atmosphere is certainly everything that we strive for. It is wonderful that you had a great stay with us and hope it will not be long before you come and stay again, and thank you for the recommendation!
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Had the best time at Trento and were lucky to get a last-minute booking at this grand hotel! Location could not be better, rooms were spacious and air-conditioning worked well! The breakfast was good and the staff was EXCELLENT! Special thanks to Georgia for all the suggestions for our hiking trip! We hope to visit again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Pramila2010,
I’m happy to hear that your stay at the Grand Hotel Trento lived up to your expectations. I will certainly pass your feedback to the rest of the team and Giorgia in particular. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel Trento in the future.
Kind Regards.
Naples, FL
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here twice, most recently in late May 2012. The hotel is large, well maintained, comfortable, and in the middle of the city. The staff are extremely courteous and eager to assist. Both of our visits have been very pleasant and this last time we realized that there is a parking garage for a reasonable fee which we took advantage of. Parking in that area is difficult at best and so the ability to park and forget about the car was worthwhile. We will be returning to this hotel the next time we pass through Trento.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ed G
, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Ed,
I am really delighted to read your comments and that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Best regards.