“Very very delicious, not an osteria, though”

Osteria Il Cappello
Ranked #4 of 455 Restaurants in Trento
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very very delicious, not an osteria, though”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Very lovely place and great food.
Anyway, I thought it was an osteria, but it is a fancy restaurant.
Not too expensive, I would definitely recommend it. Not for a noisy group of people, but for couples and business meals.

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Average food. excellent wine. Poor quality meat.”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Why is it so hard to find good meat in northern Italy?

we were there for a business dinner. The atmosphere was lovely and it was tucked inot a small piazza in Trento that had somehow escaped my attention before. The outside was charming. I had high hopes!

We ordered salads, which were not exciting, but were fine. My husband and I ordered tagliate, which was a 2 person minimum. We ordered it medium, even though my husband likes his moo-ing. Well, it came out RAW. I had to send mine back for some extra cooking, which got me a dramatically arched eyebrow from the server. The meat was stringy and oily. Both our plates. HIs, raw. Mine, which turned out to be well done in the end. Poor quality meat.

The wine list was nice and we had an always-lovely Giulio Ferari and a bottle of Amarone.

I have no interest in returning. Dont order tagliate! it was not even the texture of tagliate. Scrappy, stringly and covered in oil!

• Visited December 2011
London
“Tasty food, pleasant outdoors seating”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

A lovely restaurant in a quiet area of Trento.

My first dish, a mushroom tart, was delicious. I then had a local speciality (warm bread dumplings filled with cheese) as a main, which was average. However the dessert (berries fruit salad with vanilla ice cream) was excellent.

The atmosphere is lovely too if you sit outside. You're on a little piazza with another restaurant opposite. It's quiet and cosy, perfect for a summer night.

• Visited September 2011
Israel
“High quality, fine food”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We arrived about half an hour before they closed for lunch. The food was very, very good, though the menu is a bit on the eclectic side. White tablecloths, fine stemware.. Excellent olive oil and balsamic vinegar accompanied the salad and very tasty breads. I had the pasta with mushrooms (my staple lunch) and it was excellent. No room for desert, but they looked very good. The service was not friendly; the staff sort of ignored us most of the time. But maybe that's because they were getting ready to close up for the day. I would definitely recommend the food!