“Our Mouths Were In Amazement!”

Ristorante Antica Trattoria Due Mori
Ranked #7 of 453 Restaurants in Trento
Cuisines: Italian, European, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Arizona
“Our Mouths Were In Amazement!”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Perhaps because the truffles were being harvested, but the service and food here were over the top! The red house wine was some of the best I've ever had in my life---a perfect match to the bufala and the ravioli and the arugula and the bread and the pasta.... I have a tear in my eye as I am writing this because I wish I was there again right now. Our compliments to the chef and the waiter who was so kind and had such a nice sense of humor!

• Visited September 2011

Milan, Italy
“Good... with some minuses"”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

The restaurant is conventiently located in the very center of Trento, close to everying. The entrance looks somehow small and a bit dark, but there is a warm atmosphere and probably it looks best at night,
while I only had lunch there.
The personnel are very kind and welcoming and willing to help with suggestions about the menu, which looks varied and rich. It includes more traditional italian dishes, together with more 'refined' proposals, like for example a hourse d'hoeuvre with cheese,pears and honey . There is also a good selection of wines.
I started with some grilled vegetables and then had ostrich meat, both excellent, but the gravy accompanying the meat was perhaps a bit too greasy. There friens who were with me were also very satisfied by the 'antipasti' and the meat, less so by a 'risotto' which resulted to be too salted.
I would say the restaurant is better at the more 'sophisticated' dishes than at the very traditional ones.
The prce is more than reasonable for the quality of the food.
If you are in Trento only for a couple of days I think there are better choices available in town, but if you stay a few days longer I think Due Mori is a good choice, probably better for dinner than for lunch, and I myself plan to go back there in the future to have a second opinion.

1 Thank maichi2014