“Lovely week at the Hotel Irma”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merano
Meisters Hotel Irma
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Merano
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I booked a week in the "room in a tree" at this hotel based on the hotel's TripAdvisor ratings. Overall it didn't disappoint. The property is lovely, with beautiful gardens and top notch spa facilities. My husband was a big fan of the saunas and we both loved the main outdoor pool and jacuzzi.

The staff and service were absolutely superb, and the hotel's owners (the Meister family) take a very hands on approach to management. We were assigned a delightful lady who served us at most breakfasts and dinners who spoke good English and did an absolutely excellent job.

The food was excellent and the hotel has a superb quality, fairly priced wine list. We were particularly impressed with the extensive cheese buffet at dinner and wonderful fresh bread available at all meals. The breakfast buffet was good with quality food, good coffee and a wide choice of teas.

The room itself was pretty much as we had expected based on the photos and information. There are no tea/coffee facilities in the rooms, which is no surprise as the hotel website didn't mention them, but would be a welcome addition. The views were outstanding and we appreciated the little touches such as blankets on our balcony sunloungers and fresh local apples in the room on arrival.

The only disappointment of our excellent week was the fact that one of the blinds in our room was missing. The tree house has floor to ceiling windows around three sides, and since the curtains are thin voiles, the blackout blinds were essential. The missing one was also the one nearest the bed, so we were woken up by the light at dawn. We didn't bring this to the attention of management (if it had just been broken we would have mentioned it, but because it was missing we assumed they must have known to remove it). If they had mentioned it at check-in and offered a change of rooms that would have been fine. Even fitting a temporary curtain or something similar until the blind could have been replaced would also have been fine. A hotel's most important duty is a good night's sleep for its guests, and in this respect, we felt somewhat let down.

We thought long and hard about how to reflect this in this review, and whether to rate the hotel as a 4 rather than a 5, and in the end decided that everything else was just so good, we nevertheless decided to give it a 5. We would certainly return to this excellent property, although we would probably choose a room in the main hotel building next time. We have no hesitation in recommending the Hotel Irma.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sandflea99
There are newer reviews for Meisters Hotel Irma

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great welcome with a drink... super food choice and buffets... and nice wellness and sourroundings... and once gone home... they also sent the forgotten laptop charger to you... what can you ask more... try the jogging trails around apple plantations... ,-)

Room Tip: best breakfast room ever - fith floor on top
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Once more we stayed at Meister's Irma. This time for 4 nights in late September. We had a wonderful time and were very well looked after.

We particularly enjoyed the various swimming pools (especially the heated outdoor pool and the indoor pool with a log fire at the end), the superb evening menus, being able to choose from, and be advised about, the extensive local wine list, and the chance to enjoy delicious snacks at lunchtime and during the afternoon.

Our room was well-appointed, the bed extremely comfortable, and a small problem that we had with a shower fitting was attended to immediately, thanks to our chambermaid’s prompt action.

The family are always around, and are for ever helpful and ready to give advice. So our warmest thanks to Herr and Frau Meister, and to Alex and Claudia, for helping us enjoy a few days with you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bbt7
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I returned to Irma again. And again I have greatly enjoyed the place. One of the previous commentators (HelleJulin) compared Irma to paradise. Well, I said to my husband, if the paradise would be Irma I am ready to leave you all today with a smile :-) Yes, HelleJulin I would also wish to live there if I won in Lotto!
This time I booked massages which were great (this lady from Slovakia did some magic to my tired shoulders) and for the first time discovered the steam baths. What pleasure! While I have been waiting for the massage I was offered a cherry sorbet. Small gesture but adds up to the perfect service in this garden of Eden. Only one week to go and Irma closes down for the winter break. Even though the Family is probably going to be very busy in winter I wish them a lot of rest and pleasure. You are unique. To be the first on the list of hotels in Meran is great but it must be a burden as well. I thank you once again for your hospitality and excellent level of service. I left you feeling like a reborn goddess :-) Unfortunately I have to return to work and in spring I will be dreaming of Irma again. I take this opportunity to thank all the staff, the cleaning ladies, the waiters, the guy in the bar, the guy in the swimming pool who noticed that I am drifting in the water outside without any attractions and pressed the button inside :-) Thank you once again. And to all the readers of the ratings, stay away, don't go there, go somewhere else, there are other hotels in Meran. I do not need the crowds in my paradise :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If fate should ever allow me to win the Lotto, I would probably live here. Each day I would then be able to take a stroll in the rose labyrinth, watch the swans by the lake and enjoy a garden where pine trees stand next in line to palms and all kinds of flowers seem to bloom at the same time. I would enjoy the majestic view over the alps from the breakfast room while trying hard to choose which delicacy I would eat. I would take long walks and try out some of the many, many suggestions the seemingly tireless Meister Family offer every morning. I would sunbathe by one of the three pools, enjoy the amazingly beautiful steam baths and look forward to my six course gourmet dinner, that includes a cheese selection from heaven. I have never won the Lotto, still fate allowed me 5 days this summer - and they were marvelous. Can only recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed in Meister's Hotel Irma for three night with my wife and a friend in early August. We enjoyed the hospitality, the facilities, the pool, the massage, the food and not at least the athmosphere and the gardens and the small lake and the swans.

Breakfast at the top floor had a wiide selection of food, fruit and juices - and a fantastic view of the valley and the mountains. Dinner on the lower floor had a set menue, but offered a selection in addition to the set menue. Food was excellent. Service great.

We felt welcome by the family running the hotel. Easy to understand why people are returning to the place

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel with fabulous food and staff who make you feel instantly at home. From stepping through the door we were greeted with friendliness by everyone - they definitely go for the personal approach.
Already impressed by the hot (scented!) towels and elderflower+prosecco welcome drinks on the terrace (with wonderful first views of the mountains over swan lake), we were further delighted by the rest of the tour finally ending at our room; although this overlooked the pools, it was quiet and peaceful.
Unfortunately we were only passing through Merano on a tour of Europe and so only had the pleasure of spending one night and day here. However, if I could stay for a month I would. We had initially planned a few visits around the place on the afternoon we arrived but we ended up staying at the hotel!
The food was outstanding (I'm still full from my 6 course gourmet dinner!), the pools clean, the rooms spacious and peaceful, the staff and family extremely friendly and there are so many little extra touches that will top off the experience.

Definitely make a stop at Schloss Trautmannsdorf if you have a chance - it is 5 minutes drive from the hotel and the gardens were exquisite. In the summer they also have a daily live open-air music performance at 9pm. http://www.trauttmansdorff.it/en/the-gardens-of-trauttmansdorff-castle.html

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bewa89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merano
Relais & Chateaux Hotel Castel Fragsburg
Castel Rundegg Hotel
Castel Rundegg Hotel
#12 of 54 in Merano
Miramonti Boutique Hotel

Been to Meisters Hotel Irma? Share your experiences!