when sissi was recommended to us by our hotel for our dinner, we were completely unaware that it is michelin star rated – we only realized when we arrived there. the restaurant that we had originally in mind was closed during our stay. at first, we were not completely over the moon when we saw the michelin certificate on the wall, as we were not in the mood for a long dinner in a stiff atmosphere. but what a lucky instance this turned out to be – we had a fabulous evening at sissi:
- the food, wine and service were just excellent and great value for money
- the atmosphere was just lovely, not in the least bit pretentious.
- the staff were highly knowledgable and the service impeccable.
- the food was top notch – modern and creative but not too playful. we enjoyed every bit(e) from starter to dessert.
- the interior is not modern or chic, more that of a family restaurant – which adds to the nice, unpretentious atmosphere that is prevalent
- the chef, andrea fenoglio, is very approachable. he came to our table to greet us and enquire about our evening and was ready to answer all our questions about the food and the restaurant's history.
all in all, sissi is highly recommended. another weekend in merano is worth it for a visit to this restaurant alone!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.