Review Highlights
Nice piazza, but nothing really make it sticks out

Reviewed September 18, 2017

from $262.01
from $99.00
from $108.22
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 18, 2017

This is a nice building and well kept. Overall, we saw it when we were looking for our hotel and follow up on foot to admire the architecture.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Not far away from the main plaza. Lots of shopping opportunities nearby. Always busy but nice area for a walk.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed June 25, 2016

I stumbled on this Piazza, which consists mostly of buildings with lovely and varied facades. The real gem, in my opinion is the Town Hall, a neo-baroque beauty. I was unable to gain access to the interior, and it may be open only to pre-arranged tours. If you have more luck (or more foresight) than I did, I understand that on the second floor there are some very nice and well-preserved frescoes to be seen.

While the Town Hall is the jewel in the square, opposite it are several row houses of sorts, some of which have really nice (if slightly faded) facades. Another reason for at least a quick look.

The Piazza is for pedestrians (and cyclists - walkers beware) only, and I confess it doesn't feel like the rest of the old town - but whatever its feel, it's lovely to look at, and, while the guidebooks I use don't mention it (Rick Steves and Rough Guide) it may be worth a little of your touring time. I was nicely surprised, that's certain.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Jack H
Reviewed June 15, 2016

The buildings are a bit pedestrian but if you're interested in seeing an architectural style that is nearly unique in Italy, good place to visit. This part of Italy is much more influenced by the Austrian and the Germanic. Love to walk throughout the town seeing this part of Italy.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed November 9, 2015 via mobile

A very nice place to take photographs. Otherwise, there is nothing very special.

If you have a lot of time, then you can go there for a look.

Date of experience: November 2015