Scala Stiegl Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Greif(Bolzano)
Hotel Adria(Bolzano)
View Hotel
All reviewsair conditioningcable carnice hotelbeautiful spotcycling tripoutdoor poolcool offrestaurants and barsgenerous breakfastminute walkreception staffbreadgood sizetwo nightshotel is locatedmini barsouth tyrol
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights during a job trip.

Pros:

- less than minutes walk from the city centre
- wide room and bathroom
- everything was perfectly clean
- staff is very polite and helpful
- breakfast was good and rich
- I didn't use it, but there is an outdoor swimming pool
- rooms are well isolated from outside noises.
- free parking
- free wi-fi

Cons:

- quality of furnitures could be improved, they look quite minimalistic

As you can see, there are much more pros, than cons and I definitely recommend the Scala Stiegl Hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed here in May of 2012. Our rooms were very comfortable, clean, and modern. Probably one of the best nights sleep we got during our month in Europe. The pool is very nice, and the breakfast in the morning had food choices that worked for everyone in our family. We would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights as part of a tour group. It's a very nice basic hotel. Rooms and bathrooms were very large. Everything was perfectly clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was typical but they would make eggs for you if you asked. We had dinner there one night and it was very good. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. It's a good location to the main plaza. At first I was a little worried about walking around at night but it was fine. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aquaducktres
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We did spend a weekend in Bozen together with friends. We were very satisfied with the hotel, staff and especially our rooms. (This was our second stay in this hotel)
Tere were, however, 2 drawbacks:
1. Sunday breakfast: The bread on a Sunday is never fresh and always from Saturday, which makes especially the rolls and all white breads extremly dry. They should change that into prebaked breads and finish-bake it on Sunday.

2. Whenever a busload of guest is in, the breakfast-room is not large enough. We came in and there was 1 free table wit a `Reserved` sign. After asking, we were not allowed to take the table. Wating already 20 minutes and asking again, we received a very rude reply fron the water. Finally, after about 30 minutes, we got our table and the waitress was just great.

The best comes: We spent alltogether 1hour 20minutes in the breakfast room and the RESERVED table was never occupied!

Room Tip: Try for the superior rooms on the 2 top floors. On level 5 including balconies. Reserve always to the park-side (more quiet)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Scala Stiegl while on a business trip to Bolzano. I normally stay out of town close to the trade/expo center, however I was up for a little change this visit. I was truly impressed with this hotel, which is located in downtown Bolzano, with a 10-minute walk to the center city. The outside facade is old world charming, with the Austrian architecture style. Indoors has been totally renovated and features the most modern of comforts.

Upon check in, the greeting and reception was very kind and helpful and my room was ready for me to occupy. The public areas and my guest room were VERY CLEAN. There is small bar in the lobby, a sitting/reading area, the hotel's restaurant and a nicely shaded outdoor area where the pool and dining terrace is located.

My room was very modern and comfortable to stay in. Everything seemed to be very new and there were no signs of wear and tear. The free Internet worked well and the flat-screen television was of good quality and featured approximately 50 channels with a clear picture. The bed was comfortable and fitted with good linens and a comfy comforter for a blanket. Lighting was modern and very good. My room was soundproof, as I heard no noise from the corridor or the neighboring rooms. Floors were bare wood, however, I did not hear noise from the rooms located directly above mine. The window curtains adequately darkened the room and afforded privacy.

The bathroom was spotless and had a tub/shower combination with good water pressure. The bath towels were a little rough on the skin. Amenities were limited to bottled shower gel/shampoo combination and a bar of soap. Breakfast was good, featuring several items to chose from, however, there were no eggs on the buffet.

One little problem I experienced was upon initial arrival at the Scala Stiegl. I drove a car and the hotel is located on a rather small, one-way street in a commercial area of Bolzano. There was no place to pull over to inquire where the hotel's parking lot was located or to unload my luggage. Their parking lot and garage is located across the street from the hotel, though it is not well indicated if driving down this road. I hunted down a parking spot on the road (this was difficult), walked my luggage to the hotel, and checked in. The receptionist then indicated where the parking was located and how to access it. There is a small outdoor lot which is free and garage parking costs 10 euro per day.

All things considered, I highly recommend the Scala Stiegl Hotel when visiting beautiful Bolzano.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo