“excellent location results in lack of service and quality”

LIDO AM KALTERER SEE
Ranked #317 of 400 Restaurants in Bolzano
Cuisines: Italian
Braunschweig, Germany
“excellent location results in lack of service and quality”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Lido looks like an excellent choice to finish a marvellous day at the lake. The view to the lake from the terrace is great. However for that reason they are not motivate to offer good quality for money. As one example the "schupfnudeln with Gorgonzola sauce" consitsed of a white creamy sauce without any taste of Gorgonzola. When I asked the supervisor that this would not be the "gorgonzalo suace", I got the answer, defeinetly it is what I ordered, "schupfnudeln with Gorgonzola sauce". Only as I insisted, that I would not accept this, the supervisor suggested to bring it back to kitchen and add "more" gorgonzola. When the meal was served again, there was now a teast of Gorgonzola in the sauce. It was not good but having got this the first time I would have accepted this as average. They try to save money and provide bad quality for good money.
All was topped on our request to pay with credit card. Then suddenly we were informed out of blue sky, that only if teh bill is more than 55 Euros, credit cards are accepted. This is communicated nowhere.
For me I will go to other good locationls close by like Geier which ofers for similar price but much higher quality. Or excellent quality but alos higehr price with Gretl.

• Visited June 2014