“No Tea and Coffee Facilities!”

Four Points by Sheraton Bolzano
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Bolzano
Reviewed January 10, 2014

It should be a good hotel.

The rooms are ok. The internet is ok. But there's no tea and coffee making facilities in the room (!). The room service menu is somewhat basic. Thank goodness that there's a Spar at the end of the road (Hot Roast Chicken is good).

I keep thinking that maybe I should try the Sheraton Group instead of the Intercontinental Hotels Group. But somehow, this hotel makes me think that IHG is the group for me.

Room Tip: I suppose that it depends on what's going on at the Messe.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank canoepunkie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Comfortable rooms and nicely furnished workout room. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large (more comparable to bathrooms found in American hotels). The dining and room service were superb. The breakfast was also very nice. Next door to the convention center and close to shopping, fast food and a variety of dining. Beautiful lighted running/bike paths even though it is the industrial part of town. One drawback was distance from downtown, however, it is a nice walk along the river to downtown (about 4K) and the bus service and taxi service is great. If in Bolzano, visit the plaza for great dining, open-air market, shopping and picturesque settings (adjacent to the train station, Cathedral, and fountain). City is clean, friendly and very safe for early morning/late evening walks/runs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Large entrance, business atmosphere, nice and lively bar, kind check in……and then the surprise!!!
The bedroom, moquette where dust mites play football, bathroom whit bathtub.
About the breakfast…very sad, I sincerely hoped something better so closed to German.
The location is strategic, on the side of the Bolzano exhibition and very closed to the highway….

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Umbert0_R_12
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel had good facilities and front desk staff were extremely helpful. We were tourists, but this hotel was located in their business/industry area. No problem ! A taxi was called and we were in town after a short drive. Great breakfasts, and service. Reasonable price as we were there on a Staerday

Room Tip: I have only one complaint about ALL European hotels, the rooms are too hot at night ! Otherwise this...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Unfortunately I have to share my terrible experience at Four Points Bolzano last week during Halloween holiday break. I have been please with other hotels from this brand in other destination but this time has been the exception. One of the reason to chose this hotel was for their service of pay per view movies on demand since I was staying with my son and we love to watch movies. When checked in I confirmed the service at reception. By the way it took for ever the check in process despite the fact that I am SPG member and they have most of my information in my profile. Movies where not working, they sent the technician 2 times an nothing, the promised to fixe it the next day. Second day same issue, I requested changing room only after they have confirmed the movies service was OK, they confirmed and gave me a new room. After packing everything and moving to the new room, the movies were NOT working and have no words to say NOT EVEN SORRRY for the inconvenience. They then figure it out it was a general problem for the hotel. We did not watch movies as expected in this hotel. No apologies at all, I happen to know about it because one of the receptionist encounter me at the lobby. The WI FI is a not great. Firstly they do not tell you need a special card that you only get it at reception to go online so I have to come down in my pijamas. If you need WIFi on you mobile you need another card, they don't tell you that either. Check in takes too long and don't tell you nothing, at least the essential things you need to know for your stay. On our second day, they have a fire drill exercise and it was the most horrible experience since our exit stairs ended on a very dark room where we could not see anything, me and my young son managed to find a way to reach the underground parking after alarming moments not knowing the way out and no access to get back the way we came down. I am glad this was a drill otherwise it could have been a lot worst!!!! Housekeeping staff came every day with an attitude trying to get us out of the room so they can clean it. I ask them on the second day to come back in 5 minutes, we were leaving at the moment, when we returned in the evening, the room was not done. I informed the reception so we can get some towels, it was not a complain call, just informing them that our request was not met and the front desk agent got defensive looking for excuses and not apologies once again, I have to call again after the lady at the reception hanged up. Their service is not professional and up to Starwood international standards. I must say they have a nice indoor pool but the rest is below average, the location is too far from restaurants, only a fast food place mile away and too far from downtown. Finally, I have not received a survey that I always get from Starwood hotel after a stay? I would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Xavi E
Isidoro D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bolzano, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time you’ve spent to sent us your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Four Points by Sheraton Bolzano.

We genuinely value our guests comments and regret when their expectations are not met. We understand yuor disappointment and we would like to let you know that this situations are certainly not reflective of the usual standards of our hotel; for this reason we hope for your understanding and please accept our sincere apologies.

We hope to have youe back soon at the Four Points Bolzano allowing us the opportunity to demostrate the level of service you expect and deserve.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was surprised and quite pleased at how elegantly appointed and well staffed this Sheraton Hotel-Milan is. I have stayed at many Sheratons as a Starwood preferred guest, but none as nice as this Milan location. A very nice breakfast set-up was an added attraction..

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Free parking across the street. We were first "upgraded" to a large room with noisy ineffective AC & nonworking fridge. Got a smaller room with working AC & fridge, but no electric teakettle. AC necessary because of the winter-weight comforters on the beds. Otherwise nice quiet room. Exercise room was closed for a private group. For E15 you can get a good cold breakfast buffet. We took the bus into the old city, about a 15 min. ride, or it's a nice walk part way, you can buy tickets on board. This was not an inconvenience. Not much around the hotel, but there is a good supermarket nearby.

Room Tip: If you get a bad AC, try to get moved to a better room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolzano
Stadt Hotel Citta
Scala Stiegl Hotel
Scala Stiegl Hotel
#5 of 26 in Bolzano
Business Resort Parkhotel Werth

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Bolzano? Share your experiences!