All reviews washing machine train station two bottles of water kitchenette area full service hotel well equipped kitchen touristic area clean apartment living room nice sofa several blocks grazie mille comfortable place to stay an iron and ironing board small supermarket hotel room public transportation
Selected filters
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews, and being here for four days now, I would say that the key to a lovely stay here is to have realistic expectations of what this property is. It is not a true hotel. Yet it is more than just an apartment.

At first, I wasn’t crazy about this rather unattractive general location, but if you’re planning to use public transportation, it’s excellent. The area doesn’t have great restaurants, cafés, bars, shopping or sightseeing. So don’t expect that. You’re not getting a chocolate on your pillow, so don’t expect that. If you forget to put out the little door sign requesting housekeeping in the morning, don’t expect that. If you think that breakfast is included, it’s not, so don’t expect that.

Here is what I think you can expect: a safe, spacious and comfortable place to stay while you are in Torino. It’s larger than a hotel room, with very comfortable memory foam bed/beds. A nice deep bathtub. A washing machine. A little kitchenette area with three coffee pods supplied in the beginning and then 70 cents for each one thereafter. Two bottles of water are in the fridge in the beginning and then you must buy your own. If you remember to timely put out your housekeeping sign, it will be done. I did not realize that and waited until late afternoon and for three days, did not get housekeeping until I talked to reception who told me to have the sign out the night before/in the morning, not later. There is a tiny reception area for check in and checkout. If s/he is not too busy with those guests, s/he will kindly accommodate requests such as I had regarding transportation to Alba and changing a restaurant reservation by calling someone who only spoke rapid Italian. Service is efficient and helpful but don’t expect to sit there and chat.

There is a pretty courtyard that seems to be used mostly for smokers.

The secure property is entered by a main gate and you walk by reception to a lift. If you can get a room on the fourth floor, it will be quieter than the lower floors near the street and train station which is right across the street. I greatly appreciate all the space that I have with one room facing the train station in the other facing the courtyard. However, for the quietest rooms, and for very light sleepers who go to bed before the trains slow after midnight, an interior-courtyard facing room may be more suitable.

I love the cold air conditioner. There is a television but I don’t believe there any English language channels. Good solid Wi-Fi, which is a must for me. There’s an iron and ironing board. Hairdryer on the wall that is better than the type that you have to keep holding the button down to make it work. The kitchen is suitably equipped unless you are here for a long stay and intend to do a lot of cooking. The glasses are maybe 4 to 6 ounces, so again, if you’re here for a while, just pop over to the daily market at Porta Palazzo and for a few dollars, top up the kitchen as you wish.

I read reviews by guests who complained about the paltry breakfast. On arrival, in addition to three coffee pods and two medium sized waters, there’s a little basket with plastic-packaged toast and three packages of jelly, some sugars for your coffee and a few teabags. If you want more than that, you’ll need to buy your own supplies. I would not consider this property “breakfast included.“ I looked at the initial pods and tea as a nice little bonus to have those few offered amenities but nothing more. Either go out for breakfast or if you face the Residence gate, turn to your left and walk about a block on Via Sacchi to the small supermarket for water, wine, bread, yogurt, fruit, whatever, so you’ll have breakfast and snacks if you want.

Same goes for amenities such as soap, shampoo or body wash. There are two tiny bottles of what is labeled body wash (but is not too wonderful) and soap (but is also not that pleasant.) I suggest buying your own at the market.

Fresh towels are provided (only if you remember to put your door sign out early enough-afternoon, it’s too late). Maybe the housekeeper forgot to put more body wash when they did come today or maybe it’s like the coffee and tea, that you get those two little bottles and that’s it, I don’t know. No shampoo, conditioner or shower cap are provided, but in case you forgot your toothbrush or razor, they have you covered. I bought shampoo etc. at the supermarket today.

So long as you understand that it’s sort of an apartment, sort of a hotel, and don’t get your expectations up for a full service hotel, I think most people would be very happy to be here. I am. I just extended an extra night.

With managed expectations, I highly recommend this property.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Lanago2
Reviewed October 3, 2018

First off, if you want a hotel in the center of town, this is not around the corner. It's about 20 minutes away on foot from the center, but it is so worth it! No tourists, quiet at night, and the hotel is just amazing! Huge rooms, employees are very nice!

Great if you're staying for a couple of days and do not want to spend a lot of money on restaurants etc. There is a huge, fully equipped kitchen in the room and there is a market behind the hotel for fresh products.

The only issue would be with parking, as they do not have one of their own, and you would have to look for parking spots around the hotel. But this is common practice in all of Italy anyway so...

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2018

I stayed at Residence Sacchi during my recent visit to Turin. The property is located just a short walk away (as in down the street) from the train station. This came in handy, particularly when I had to catch the train in the wee hours of the morning upon my departure. (Staff had not yet arrived for work when I left, so they had me leave my room key in a designated area when I vacated the property.)

The property is located in a working class neighborhood, a bit on the gritty side. However, this is not to say it is a dangerous area. I walked most everywhere during my visit and I felt very safe there.

I stayed in Room 16. My room had all of the amenities that made me feel at home: a kitchenette with a sink, stove (with 4 burners), dishwasher, mini refrigerator, microwave, a washer and dryer and television set. I liked that I was able to pick up groceries from the local markets and have a place to safely store them - especially the perishable items.

My apartment was quite roomy. Even though I traveled alone, it was evident to me that I could have easily shared this apartment with another person (or two) and there was more than enough room for everyone to spread out comfortably. Near the entryway sat a built in bar area with two chairs. This is in addition to the dining room table, 4 chairs and a large sectional in the living room. The sectional wasn't particularly comfortable; it sits very low to the ground, making it a bit difficult for those of us who are less agile to get up easily. However, this really wasn't an issue for me because I did not spend much time in my room.

The bedroom was quite simple and no frills, but the bed was comfortable to sleep in.

The bathroom was huge by Italian standards and decorated in bright red tile. The shower is encased in glass and also was quite big. Water pressure and temperature from the shower was perfect, as well.

My room overlooked a little courtyard area on the side of the building where guests can spend time. However, my room was pretty quiet. I could not hear much noise from the outside.

As for the neighborhood itself, several of the shops on the street were vacant. Except for a decent little restaurant next door to the property, there wasn't much in the way of shops or restaurants. I had to walk several blocks to find these. There was, however, a postal store down the street from the property. I was able to utilize this to ship home souvenirs and other items so I didn't have to lug them around.

Staff were pleasant and professional.

I would stay here again when visiting Turin.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank WandaMaria
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed the friendliness, location, and comfortability. It was a great location for us. The air conditioning on hot nights was especially appreciated. The staff was helpful also.

Sue and Henry

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

I owe a big thank you to the staff of Residence Sacchi for hosting my family and ensuring their comfort.

I booked 6 rooms with them for my relatives who had come to visit from abroad. One of these rooms was the 12 plus which is an amazing suite on the top floor. Their double room apartments are also lovely and spacious.

The extra touches such as slippers, toothbrushes and toothpaste were so appreciated!

Everyone enjoyed their stay, the location is also excellent!

Grazie mille!