“Fabulous holiday!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Turin
Cairo, Egypt
“Fabulous holiday!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I spent a week in residence sacchi while on holiday in Turin this month. It is such a great place to stay in. Not far from city center and tram 4 is just across the street which will take you to the city center if you don't prefer to walk.
Appartment was big and extremely clean. All facilities were available and staff are more than friendly and always helpful.
I recommend it to solo travelers and families. I would gladly stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank JK1981
SacchiStaff, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Residence Sacchi, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

thank you for your lovely review, we are very happy that you had such a good experience with us. Please do come and join us again soon.

Our best wishes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here for 3 night and I must say that I really love this hotel and whenever I visit Torino, I'll choose this hotel and I'll tell me friends to choose here for sure.

What I like about this hotel:
1. Location: Very close to the train station and you can take tram no.4 to the centro in front of the hotel or take autobus no.15 which is around the hotel (5-10 mins walking). And there's one Carrefour just right down the hotel.

2. Staff: Really nice and helpful! We need another blanket because my travel partner will sleep on the sofa and for making sure if there's another blanket in the room, the staff went to the room with us, and the other day when we got back to the hotel we found out that the housing keeping made an extra single bed for us by the sofa. THIS IS REALLY SWEET!

3. Room: Just like home! You can find anything you need for cooking. The bed is comfortable, I had great dreams every night. Wi-Fi is fast. I got everything I want here!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank dianelin16
SacchiStaff, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Residence Sacchi, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear dianelin16,

What an amazing review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing Residence Sacchi for your stay in Torino. To know that you thought so highly of our Residence, our staff and our service in particular is incredibly motivating for us all. I have passed your comments onto our team who were delighted to look after you during your stay.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to your Torino home :)

Kindest Regards
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice and in similar multilevel apartments. They are spacious with all the amenities included but no clothes dryer.
The location is a little dicey but still safe. Walking distance to downtown is about 5 minutes with plenty of cafés and pastry stores on the way.
Great value and highly recommended for families and long stays.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Ozziindaus
SacchiStaff, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Residence Sacchi, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Ozziindaus,

thanks for choosing us again for your stay in Torino and for posting this review. We look forward to hosting you again for another stay at our Residence Sacchi.

All the best, until we meet again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife, two daughters (ages 9 and 8) and I stayed at Residence Sacchi (RS) for one night after flying in on a red eye from MXP. We drove into Torino and had the wonderful privilege of staying at RS. Like many other American families, we have found difficulties finding affordable and comfortable lodging in Europe without springing for connecting rooms. For families traveling to the vastly underrated city of Torino, look no further.

WHY YOU'D LIKE RESIDENCE SACCHI

1. Huge room. Our room was a duplex, with a king size bed on the second level. The main level had two comfortable twin beds, which my daughters used. The room also had a small dining table.
2. Other amenities within the room. I've split this into its own separate category because RS deserves to be recognized for this. The bathroom is enormous, and it also included a washing machine!!! RS provides detergent for the initial load. In addition to aforementioned washing machine, the room was also equipped with a small kitchen (burner and refrigerator). Plates and utensils are also in the room.
3. Location. RS is conveniently situated within easy walking distance of the Porta Nuova Railway Station. It is also pretty close to Parco Valentino, a beautiful park next to the Po River where I was able to run at least 10km without encountering any automobile traffic.
4. Service. The RS staff was warm and welcoming. The person who helped us in the office showed us our parking options, helped us with our luggage and allowed us into our room right away despite our early arrival.
5. Sleep quality. The room is extremely dark when the shades are pulled. Big plus! There is the usual Vespa noises, etc. that you'd expect in Torino but Via Sacchi is pretty quiet at night and well into the morning.

WHY YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE RESIDENCE SACCHI
In our case, there was not much to quibble about RS. Nonetheless, from this point forward my reviews will include observations that may cause a fellow traveler to not share my point of view.
A. Location. One might feel the location around RS including Porta Nuova is a bit dicey. It is not well-trafficked, so you might start to worry, but no one in my family was overly concerned. RS is also a decent walk from many of Torino's main attractions, including the Egyptian Museum. Also, maybe it was my Garmin but driving to RS from MXP took many twists and turns. Without a GPS we would not have been able to find the hotel.
B. Parking. There are a few stalls directly in front of RS. They were all taken when we arrived. You can also park in a blue area in the neighborhood by purchasing a pass from a tabbachi. Upon reflection, this is the option I would recommend, as parking in blue zones looked plentiful. My choice, however, was to park in a parking lot on the street parallel to RS. This lot was very secure. That said, it is located below street level and the entry to the lot is extremely tight. With a manual transmission, getting in and out of this lot was extremely hair raising for me.
C. Amenities. This is not a full service hotel with a massive bar and restaurants. If you want or need that, you should stay somewhere else.

Overall, we loved RS and would love to stay there again on our next visit to Torino!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gocats89
SacchiStaff, Proprietario at Residence Sacchi, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear gocats89,

thanks a lot for your lovely and detailed review ! Seems like you have fully understood the essence of our residence concept (perfect for families), such as the spaciousness of the apartment and its amenities, the large bathroom and the kitchenette etc . As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations.

I would like to thank you also for your comments regarding our team, we invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile and I will be pleased to share this lovely feedback with them.

Nothing can say you enjoyed your stay better than to hear you'd like to come back. We will be delighted to see you for your next visit to Torino!

Warmest regards from all the staff of the Residence Sacchi !
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Good location, the hotel is easy to reach from Porta Nuova (took the SFMA train from airport to Torino Dora, then bus 52 to Porta Nuova). Although the area of the hotel is a bit sketchy, we never felt unsafe or had any problems. It's a bit further to walk into the main centre and sights (Palazzo Reale etc.) but tram 4 stops right in front, is cheap, and takes you there. You can buy the tram tickets at the hotel reception.

Staff is amazing all around. Our apartment was spacious and clean, good beds, all modern amenities, good airco, nice flat screen TVs, kitchen, big bathroom with even a small washer in it and spacious shower. Good free wifi.

On the day we rented a car, we were lucky enough to park right in front of the hotel and the parking was free.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Eric1313
SacchiStaff, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residence Sacchi, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback following your visit to the Residence Sacchi.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the apartment and the bathroom spacious and clean. We will ensure that your feedback is shared with all the staff and that their service is duly noted.

We do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Residence Sacchi soon.
Quatro Barras, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Thats a choice in Turin!!!
Location is very conveneint, being righ besides Porta Buova, one of the 2 main train stations. Obviously the bad side of being in such a place, is that is not the nicest during evening. Yes, I´ve seen several srunk people, baggers and so on. But at the same time I´ve walked therre during the evening with my wife and 2 daughters, and didn´t feel threatend at any moment. But if you´re a prticularly searful person, you may feel uncomfortable.
The staff is so very nice. Always ready for whichever different requets you may have, both on direct hotel services but also whatever you may know on the city. Nice, ready, convenient, gentle people.
The hotel is in a restaure old mansion, with all possible different types and room sizes. All modern and very spacious. We´ve taken 2 rooms, both good. One at the last floor, roof in angle, what may give you a bad imporession. Didn´t cause any problems for me or my wife.
Rooms are big, with kitche facilities and my room had a washing machine (not the second room). So if you wnat that, you may ask for.I´ve stayed in the smallest/least expensive type of room.
No breakfast available, but several cafes in the sorrounding, besides kitceh facilities.
Strongly recomend, particularly for bit longer stays.

Room Tip: If roof in an angle and coming to a height you can´t stand, request not to be in the top floor. In s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank DavidKB
Dear DavidKB,

we are delighted you thought so highly of your stay and thank you for your review. Our staff will be delighted to read your kind words.

We are looking forward to seeing you and your family on your next visit.
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Quite spacious, clean and convenient, on a short tram ride or pleasant walk from the center of the town. Very helpful staff, and a delightful "confiteria" next door, Pfatisch where to have a cornetto and a capuccino for breakfast if you do not want to use the kitchenette - and buy some chocolat as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank EPR187497
SacchiStaff, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residence Sacchi, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear EPR187497,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at the Residence Sacchi.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and you found our apartments clean and the staff to be helpful. The team work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travel plans see you return to Torino.

Warmest regards!