“Mixed”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Excellent appetisers, truly excellent, but it went downhill from there. The calamari first course was absolutely fine, but the mixed fried fish was just fried fish with nothing to moisten the palate so it ended up being rather dry, and there was a lot of it. The dessert, pineapple sorbet (a friend wanted to taste it, and he was paying so....) was pretty good and rehydrated me, but that was only necessary because I'd had almost all of the moisture removed from my head by the main course. Pretty pricey considering it wasn't all great.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed February 28, 2012

dark and smelly rooms, over-priced and stale food. How did this place get decent reviews?
Americans get menus with no prices. If you ask what the price is, you get a range of prices. A rip off.

7  Thank marino c
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I ate at Mare nostrum a number of times but in my last visit a few years ago and I had not been impressed.
This time I am happy to say that I enjoyed their food again.
The best part for me are the appetizers, always well designed to enhance the flavor of the fresh ingredients. The tuna tar tar was spectacular. We all skipped the First and jumped into the Second dishes that, in my opinion, were less exciting if compared to the appetizers. We had "Fritto Misto" (mixed fried shellfish) that was good but a bit too heavy and in excessive quantity, and Ombrina, cooked simply with roasted potatoes and really good.
Desserts were absolutely excellent and if we weren't full from the Fritto, we would all had a second one :)

Reviewed November 17, 2010

Great Place...great food...great people
No better place to have a deliious dinner in Turin
Sincerely advice you all to come and have a great dinner here

1  Thank Fabio R
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We are a family of Belgian expats who moved to Turin 2 years ago. Although this restaurant is only a 5 minute walk from our apartment, it took us this long to discover it since no one had recommended it so far. It was worth the wait -- simple yet authentic fish recipes, a generous wine list and genuine hospitality will guarantee a memorable dining experience. This is without a doubt one of the best value restaurants in Torino. It provides excellent food, without any pretentiousness.

2  Thank philippedeschryver22