“Have to add my 5 stars to the mix”
Review of L'Acino Restaurant

L'Acino Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 3,662 Restaurants in Turin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Los Angeles, California
“Have to add my 5 stars to the mix”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Had a wonderful meal at L'Acino my last night in Turin. Wine selections were plentiful and delicious (can't go wrong with local Piedmontese wine!), and the owner was gracious and friendly. It is a very tiny restaurant so you absolutely must make a reservation. Onto the food. We ordered way too much - the portions were enormous but since we were in Italy my mom and I both decided to get a Pasta and an entree. While our stomachs were angry at us afterwards, everything was amazing - their meat sauce is to die for and the pork shank entree is the best pork dish I've ever tasted. A must-eat when in Turin!

1 Thank AliCali40

• Polish first
Vancouver Island, Canada
“excellent food and friendly service”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I loved this restaurant! It is small and in the center of Torino with friendly service and amazing food. There are tables outside in the summer and I recommend eating there if the weather is permitting.
I have been a couple times and have not been disappointed. I can recommend the rabbit salad, red pepper salad, pasta with sausage, ravioli and a very excellent veal steak.
The food is inventive and delicious and the prices are extremely reasonable.

• Visited June 2014
Zurich
“The way it should be...”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Everything feels right at this small neighborhood restaurant in Turin. Food is excellent and - while the locals usually do not deserve an award for friendliness - the service is very personal and charming. Of course you need to try some of the regional dishes such as the plin, the vitello tonnato or the stuffed peaches. The wine list is small but offers some of the best wines in Italy at very fair prices. We enjoyed it.

Savona, Italy
“A nice dinner”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

yesterday we had dinner at l'Acino and seated in the small area outside. This is a restaurant where both locals and tourists normally go and find good food and wine.
For starters we tried a lovely Castelmagno's soufflé with honey (Castelmangno is a cheese from Piemonte region) and a tasty "vitello tonnato" (veal served with a tuna and mayo sauce - a common speciality of the region).
Then we tried "Agnolotti dal Plin" and another pasta stuffed with mint and cheese. They were good.
One of us had half portion (that was anyway enough) of beef "stracotto" (a kind of slow cooking with wine) that was very soft. Good.
In the end, peach stuffed with amaretto and cocoa....a traditional dessert.
Overall a good dinner with good Nebbiolo wine by the glass. Good value for money and friendly service. It's worth trying! Very good value for money as well.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Daniele70
Rome, Italy
“Great Piemontese food”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I has here just one time for business trip; really good Piemontese food (incredible meat and cheese with honey), staff is so kind. The only weakness relates to the few number of seats that could cause long queues and waiting time, even if it was not my cause ! Excellent quality/price ratio (appetizer, meat main course, salads, wine and water for 30€)