“Amazing food,great selection of wine...”
Review of L'Acino Restaurant

L'Acino Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 3,729 Restaurants in Turin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Second time in Lacino and wonderful dinner again! The beef cooked with wine is the softest meat i've ever ate (twice):-)
Great selection of wine, warm atmosphere. Definitely must to visit in Torino:-)

There are newer reviews for L'Acino Restaurant

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was in a group of eight people who dropped in early in the evening without a reservation. A table was quickly created for us without any problems. The selection of menu and wine was based on the recommendations from the owner. Food was great and the wine, several bottles of Roero Nebbiolo 2011, even better.

Towards the end of our meal we understood we were lucky who arrived ahead of the locals, the restaurant filled up. We finished our Espressos and Grappas and went home with happy smiles and money still left in our wallets.

1  Thank Hans-Are
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The food was great, the room is full of atmosphere and they have a great wine list, all at a good price!! Can't complain at all

1  Thank Hips07
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My first night here in Torino, I was fortunate to be included in a group of Italians who reserved a table for 8. The place is tiny and absolutely fabulous. We ordered many courses to share...delicate stuffed squash blossoms were moist and a nice departure from fried. The crisp grossini are good. My dining companion wanted me to taste pasta con porcini. I was in the mood to try the fabled Stinco of Piemonte but he persuaded me that the pasta here was fantastic. I did like the pasta, al dente, the porcini plump and fresh, but the pooled butter made it a bit rich for my taste. However, a kind woman shared a little of her stinco with me, probably because I stared at it and mentioned three times how how wonderful it looked. Was that great! Served like Osso Buco, the pork shank was meaty on a fat bone, caramelized outside and tender in, herbs coating the flash, and served with roasted potatoes. It was a rustic, homey and utterly satisfying dish. My companion ordered wines ranging from a light simple red in the beginning to Barbera with the main courses. Truly a wonderful memorable meal, from wines, food and service. The propritor, Angelo, served us and he couldn't have been more attentive and kind.

I am quite certain that I will have dinner here again this week.

As is typical in Torino, after aperitivi from around 6 to 9, people start to head toward dinner. We arrived around 9:45 to a packed house. There are only a few tables here and diners occupied them all from our arrival until I finally threw up the white flag with my jet lag at 12:30, leaving my dining companions to finish more courses and wines. Reservations are compulsory unless you have gran fortuna.

1  Thank lanago2
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We ate here during an overnight stay in Turin after a holiday through Piedmont. We walked past around 6.30 and thought it looked good so we knocked and made a reservation, solo glad that we did! The owner is a really nice guy and made sure that we were well taken care of, made some excellent suggestions and offered to make half portions of the pasta so that we could fit in all three courses. Superb carne crude and vitello tonnato, and an amazing stinco. Well worth a visit and if I'm back in Turin again I'd certainly go back.