“For one night”

Ranked #113 of 129 Hotels in Turin
Polpenazze del Garda, Italy
“For one night”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It was my first time staying more than one day in a city. I looked for the cheapest accomodation in the city and that's really cheap. I wasn't expected big things. I was in the rooftop, the room was tiny and I had to watch not to hit my head (especially when I was in bed), the furnitures were broken (but I didn't use them, so I didn't care so much), there was a TV in the room, but the remote didn't work (maybe the battery was discharged) and there was no sound at all. But I could watch it at least. The room was clean, the toilet too (I didn't use the shower so I don't know its condition...) but there was no soap (maybe it's just me, but I missed it). The breakfast was great, I was very satisfied. The staff was kind, really helpful! And good english speaker too. I think the hotel's location is good too. Around 2 km from center...? I had to walk a bit but it was okay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bettina P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
moncuq
Reviewed July 11, 2012

as a penny saver, I thought I'd have a good deal, expecting a decent room anywhere in Italy (it was my first time there). When I got into the room I couldn't believe it: the room was filthy, the bed and furniture were horrible, it was so hot it was suffocating, and toilet room was in the corridor (but to be honest it was decent). the little contact I had with the personnel was fine, and the breakfast was just a collection of wrapped stuff. A good point was the free internet room, unfortunately this hotel must attract the shadiest people because a woman harrassed me for some change.

this hotel cannot even be a last resort as it is quite far from the city center and the nearest subway station. avoid it as you can get a better deal, just don't consider money alone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Francois G

Travelers are raving about these Turin hotels

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room was nice, with a sink in it although bathroom was shared on the outside. Staff was helpful. The place was clean and in reasonable location. Breakfast is a bit funny yet original.

Room Tip: Not a room on the ground level.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I had not chosen to stay at this hotel because I went on the Hotwire.com site where they had a secret hotel choice, so you do not know the identity of the hotel until you pay for it. Their website does say :" Secret Hot Rate hotels In order to get prices this low, hotels request that we do not show hotel photos and that we conceal the name of the hotel until immediately after you book." So I did expect that by paying €20 a night I would get a bargain! Unfortunately the €20 a night is the normal price at this hotel so I did not get it any cheaper and felt I had been misled by the "Hot Rate" tag. Anyway the hotel which is really more of a hostel is worth the €20 a night price because you do get a clean bed and a BIG breakfast. All I wanted was a place to crash out after a long travel and in that way it was OK. You can get to the hotel by metro to the Bernini stop and just walk for some 10 minutes up Corso Alessandro Tassini and turn left into Via Luigi Cibrario then second left into Via Corio. The staff were very good. I did stay in a small room in the roof top area which could get very hot in the summer but was fine in April. The breakfast was really very good and was enough food for the day almost. I would recomment this hotel to young people who just want a place to crash out but do not expect any more than the hostel standard for €20 a night - what can you expect at that price?

Room Tip: Do not stay in the room under the roof in the summer but it is OK in April - the toilet was in the c...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I am a solo female budget traveler that enjoys the comforts of home, however, when traveling understands and appreciates budget accommodation and that when the price to stay is quite low, the quality is somewhat compromised.

The service of the morning reception is excellent; she is very helpful, speaks very good English and even sold me a tram ticket!

The room I stayed at was a 3-bed room; no bunk-beds and had a sink and TV, which was convenient. The beds are relatively comfortable however, very close together; it is very hot in the evening as the heat comes from downstairs.

The toilet area is small and the showers are tiny. Not a lot of room to get dressed in either.

Like I said, you get what you pay for, as I paid 21.60Euro/night. If you're only staying one night and budget conscious, this allows you to splurge on the next hostel/hotel you stay at.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This was a truly disgusting hotel, initially I had booked one of their single rooms which was located up in the ceiling but when I saw the state of it, with mildew growing down the walls, stains on the sheets and graffiti on the walls, I immediately asked to be upgraded to the next best room... an additional 30 Euro later I was given a 'cleaner' room on the ground floor which had 1960's furniture, no windows or natural light and an obscene paintings on the wall!
This place cannot be classed any better than a 1 star hostel, really it should be condemned!
Location wise it is a long way out of the center of Turin, there are no shops around and very few restaurants... take the advice of a seasoned traveler... keep looking as paying anything more than 10 Euro a night here would be throwing your money away (me... I ended up paying 60 Euro.... what a waste!)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank wilrc1
São Paulo
Reviewed April 6, 2009

It is a hotel that looks like a hostel. Besides, something terrible happened when I stayed at the Campidoglio Hotel. The thing is: the hotel has no one in the front desk from 11pm to 8am. I had to check out at 6:30am to catch a train that would leave at 7:30am. As recommended by the front desk girl, I left the key of my room in the front desk, before leaving the hotel. In the next day, I was in Nice, France, when the manager of the hotel (Mr. Primo) called me, telling me that the lcd tv that was in the room I've stayed has disappeared. He was really rude to me, and told me that if i didn't pay for the television he would go to the police. I got really nervous, explained him that I had nothing to do with it, since I just did what the hotel staff told me to do, that someone may have entered my room after I left the hotel and stole the tv etc. etc. I cried a lot that day, and it ruined one of my days in Nice. Afterall, as he was pushing me so hard, I decided to pay for the television insurance, to avoid trouble with the italian police. It costed me 200 euros. Today, I dont know if I would do it, cause it was so, so, so, unfair! Anyway, here is my advice: do not saty in this hotel!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo