HL Hotel Campidoglio
$82
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room was nice, with a sink in it although bathroom was shared on the outside. Staff was helpful. The place was clean and in reasonable location. Breakfast is a bit funny yet original.

Room Tip: Not a room on the ground level.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I had not chosen to stay at this hotel because I went on the Hotwire.com site where they had a secret hotel choice, so you do not know the identity of the hotel until you pay for it. Their website does say :" Secret Hot Rate hotels In order to get prices this low, hotels request that we do not show hotel photos and that we conceal the name of the hotel until immediately after you book." So I did expect that by paying €20 a night I would get a bargain! Unfortunately the €20 a night is the normal price at this hotel so I did not get it any cheaper and felt I had been misled by the "Hot Rate" tag. Anyway the hotel which is really more of a hostel is worth the €20 a night price because you do get a clean bed and a BIG breakfast. All I wanted was a place to crash out after a long travel and in that way it was OK. You can get to the hotel by metro to the Bernini stop and just walk for some 10 minutes up Corso Alessandro Tassini and turn left into Via Luigi Cibrario then second left into Via Corio. The staff were very good. I did stay in a small room in the roof top area which could get very hot in the summer but was fine in April. The breakfast was really very good and was enough food for the day almost. I would recomment this hotel to young people who just want a place to crash out but do not expect any more than the hostel standard for €20 a night - what can you expect at that price?

Room Tip: Do not stay in the room under the roof in the summer but it is OK in April - the toilet was in the corridor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I am a solo female budget traveler that enjoys the comforts of home, however, when traveling understands and appreciates budget accommodation and that when the price to stay is quite low, the quality is somewhat compromised.

The service of the morning reception is excellent; she is very helpful, speaks very good English and even sold me a tram ticket!

The room I stayed at was a 3-bed room; no bunk-beds and had a sink and TV, which was convenient. The beds are relatively comfortable however, very close together; it is very hot in the evening as the heat comes from downstairs.

The toilet area is small and the showers are tiny. Not a lot of room to get dressed in either.

Like I said, you get what you pay for, as I paid 21.60Euro/night. If you're only staying one night and budget conscious, this allows you to splurge on the next hostel/hotel you stay at.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This was a truly disgusting hotel, initially I had booked one of their single rooms which was located up in the ceiling but when I saw the state of it, with mildew growing down the walls, stains on the sheets and graffiti on the walls, I immediately asked to be upgraded to the next best room... an additional 30 Euro later I was given a 'cleaner' room on the ground floor which had 1960's furniture, no windows or natural light and an obscene paintings on the wall!
This place cannot be classed any better than a 1 star hostel, really it should be condemned!
Location wise it is a long way out of the center of Turin, there are no shops around and very few restaurants... take the advice of a seasoned traveler... keep looking as paying anything more than 10 Euro a night here would be throwing your money away (me... I ended up paying 60 Euro.... what a waste!)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank wilrc1
Reviewed April 6, 2009

It is a hotel that looks like a hostel. Besides, something terrible happened when I stayed at the Campidoglio Hotel. The thing is: the hotel has no one in the front desk from 11pm to 8am. I had to check out at 6:30am to catch a train that would leave at 7:30am. As recommended by the front desk girl, I left the key of my room in the front desk, before leaving the hotel. In the next day, I was in Nice, France, when the manager of the hotel (Mr. Primo) called me, telling me that the lcd tv that was in the room I've stayed has disappeared. He was really rude to me, and told me that if i didn't pay for the television he would go to the police. I got really nervous, explained him that I had nothing to do with it, since I just did what the hotel staff told me to do, that someone may have entered my room after I left the hotel and stole the tv etc. etc. I cried a lot that day, and it ruined one of my days in Nice. Afterall, as he was pushing me so hard, I decided to pay for the television insurance, to avoid trouble with the italian police. It costed me 200 euros. Today, I dont know if I would do it, cause it was so, so, so, unfair! Anyway, here is my advice: do not saty in this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo