“Great location & rooms, bad service at the breakfast, rooms could be cleaner.”

NH Torino Lingotto Tech
Ranked #14 of 130 Hotels in Turin
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The, restored by Renzo Piano, Fiat factory is a great location, true industrial heritage. The rooms are well designed and fit in great. But for a 4 star hotel with a 4 star price tag they really should be cleaner, without the stains on the walls eg.
Breakfast has bad service, we were ordered away at our table because it was reserved (?!), had to wait 10 minutes for the empty bread bascet all three days and the cappuccino had to be asked for twice. More 2 or 3 star service. Under the Meridien flag it used to be better.

• Stayed: May 2011
There are newer reviews for NH Torino Lingotto Tech

Reviewed April 25, 2011

this hotel with it's fantastic views, architecture (Renzo Piano restructured the ancient Fiat industry), great rooms and location is now getting ruined by a new hotel group sacrifying the whole staff, the quality and the strong anima of it. A shame and a blinded group, probably not understanding that they will loose a nice clientele, like us who were so keen to regularly come here.
Sorry, it was the last time- we wish to keep the good memories of what it has been earlier the new directions and we will miss that grand place!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simone038
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying here for a few days while visiting Turin and found it a truly unique hotel experience. The public spaces were vast and tastefully decorated; the room we stayed in was comfortable and attractive. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. Most of all, I enjoyed trying to envision how the place looked as a industrial site way back when it was a Fiat test facility. My only regret: Foggy weather kept me from enjoying the view from the rooftop test track. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Rogernelson, Direttore at NH Torino Lingotto Tech, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2010

Dear Guest, may I thank you for having shared with others your experience. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed what we have to offer and I really hope to welcome you again in the near future.
With best regards
Davide Spriano
Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 13, 2010

I've spent a lot of time in hotels in Italy and this is one that definitely displays the infamous Italian design in a wonderful, stylish and creative way.

I don't know about you but in my experience hotels in Italy can be, quite frankly horrible in decor and design, especially if you are not staying at the top end of the market in the cities.
What I love about this hotel is the way they've adapted the old factory into becoming a hotel. They've designed the decor and layout in a great way.
The rooms are a great size.
The bed was very comfortable.
The bathroom was big and well appointed.
The colour schemes, the glass lifts, the high ceilings etc. etc. etc.
And I have to say the staff were all wonderful, including the front desk and the barman.

I wouldn't class this hotel as 5* to be honest. I've stayed at 5* and I'd rate this as a very, very good 4* hotel.

The important thing here is that the price remains at a lower price point. I stayed here because it was a little cheaper than in the centre of town and also importantly for me I wanted to check out Eataly across the street (which is must for food lovers).

There is a bus that can take you into town but you know what it's like, if you're on business and dashing about you'll end up taking taxis. So add up the 10euro each way and there's another 20euro per day on top.
So, to the management of the hotel, please keep the rates low because I really do rate this hotel for all of the above points and would love to stay there again despite it not being in the centre.

I've stayed in many hotels and this is definitely one that is 'up my street' so to speak and ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank InVinoVeritasEtAmor
Rogernelson, Direttore at NH Torino Lingotto Tech, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

Dear Guest,
I am so pleased to read that we have been able to meet your expectations and I thank you immensly for having shared your thoughts with others. Should you come back to Turin please consider that the city transportations are improving a lot with the opening of brand new underground stations. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you again!
Davide Spriano
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 7, 2010

We enjoyed staying at this very pleasant hotel because it is modern and cosy at the same time. We have been told that the area was a former Fiat factory, and the building was part of it. The whole thing has been restructured and now there are hotels and shopping malls all around. THe hotel itself is the perfect place to stay, a bit far from the city centre but easily accessible with the efficient transport system Torino has developed.

As a matter of curiosity we have visited many times Eataly Torino, next door from the hotel cause we knew that it was part of the famous Slow Food system and we found there very good food and products, not to be missed.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank NORIKINO
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The things I wanted to know about this hotel before I went. Was it accessible to the old city. Yes, the bus stops right in front and the front desk personnel gave us excellent instructions. Was it close to restaurants. Eataly was right across the street and had everything from very high end (Guido's) to many selections of "slow Food" cuisine within this cavernous space. Want to go for a run, sure the Fiat test track is on the roof with about a mile track with Mt. Blanc and the rest of the Alps as a backdrop. Need to shop, there is a mall and museum in the old Fiat headquarters building right next door. Of course for those who want a nice room, the modern designed room with at least 15 foot ceiling and floor to ceiling windows and a lovely view of the Alps was unbelievable The room is at least 4 star and the bathroom rivals any 5 star hotel. Plus free parking.. We brought home desert from Eataly and the servers at the bar insisted on providing silverware, ice water and a glass of Muscato for my wife when they looked like they had already closed. The breakfast comes with the price of the room, full is great, and I have heard the restaurant is very good for lunch and dinner. Finally, the price we paid was well below what anyone would ever expect for this high a level accommodation and service.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank mrhoc
Reviewed June 26, 2010

The Meridien Art+Tech (not to be confused with the next door Meridien Lingotto which is 4* only) is a place of industrial heritage being set up in the old Fiat factories. From the window of my room on the SPG floor, I could see the rooftop track which was used for testing of Fiat car prototypes. What you also get from that heritage are room ceilings second to none, so far from the shoebox effect you can experience in some US hotels (I won't name the hotel chain here). Overall, design at its best if you like minimalistic modern style - excellent bedding and nice bathrooms. The downside is the location, a bit out of town but a taxi will take you to the city centre for some 12€ (it's 40-50€ to/from the airport). I've stayed there before and I like it: it is also, largely because of its location, excellent value for money for a 5* hotel in Turin (you can read my review of the Principi di Piemonte for a comparison). If you have to work, it provides spacious rooms with desks and broadband Internet, with a food court just opposite to the Hotel. The hotel bar and restaurant are nice, but the fitness room is not up to standards and lacks the machines you would expect in a 5* hotel. Check-in and check-out both efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business