“Make sure you book to enjoy great food in a relaxed atmosphere”

La Societa dei Carbonari
Reserve with
La Societa dei Carbonari is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #197 of 4,098 Restaurants in Turin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Salvario
Reviewed January 24, 2017

I was lucky to get in here - it was fully booked on a reasonably quiet January evening, but I was offered a table if I would vacate it in a hour. It's definitely worth booking.

Service was efficient, but unpressurised, despite the time limitations. The staff spoke English. I loved my first course - tartare, which was very fresh and well-prepared. But it was the crispy shredded leeks on top of it that really added something special to the dish. It's one of the things I liked about this place - attention to detail and presentation, as well as well-cooked food. My crispy breaded chicken was perfectly cooked, although it would perhaps have benefited from some sauce to accompany it.

Thee courses (the tartare, the secondi of chicken with potatoes, a dessert of fruit and ice-cream, a large glass of local red wine, an espresso and cover) came to under 30 Euros - definitely one of the best value meals I had in Italy, particularly considering the very high quality of the food. I also liked the relaxed and friendly style of service. In a week's visit to Milan and Turin, this was my favourite eating place.

Reviewed January 2, 2017

I enjoyed everything about dinner at La Societa die Carbonari. We ate outside on a pleasant summer evening. Given the restaurant's popularity, I only think we secured a table because we were oh so early at 2000. 8>) Our server was prompt, polite, and professional. She patiently explained the specials of the day and cheerfully provided her personal recommendations. I've lost my check, so details are lacking, but I still remember thinking that the price to value equation was quite good.

Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

I agree with what many of other reviewers say about this restaurant. I spotted this on Tripadvisor for our visit to Turin. We were staying in the area and wandered past the restaurant, looking in to see that it was full of italians. Our visit the following day did not disappoint. Original cuisine, with interesting twists, all beautifully presented. The service was fantastic and although we came along early, the restaurant filled very quickly. Delicious local Barolo which slipped down very nicely.

Reviewed November 7, 2016

A special place for a special dinner with a long time friend. Great food – My favourite dish? The Pork filet with sour black grape sauce & Belgian endive. Don't miss it.
And amazing wines to complement the whole dinner – Ask to Giuseppe! He will be happy to introduce you to the finest wines the place has to offer.
A lovely spot in Turin with friendly passionate staff and competitive prices.

Note: reservations recommended

Reviewed October 26, 2016

The service was top notch! Staff is working with passion and always smiling and caring. The food was super delicious. Great burrata and fantastic tagliatelle alla pancetta. Nice recommendation of wines. I can only recommend!