“Zero on all accounts. Avoid it.”
Review of Primaepoi

Primaepoi
Ranked #398 of 3,803 Restaurants in Turin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The bad experience starts at the reception. The restaurant was half empty and I was the first one to arrive, but the lady at the reception told me I could not take my seat until all of the party (we were only 3) had arrived. I had to wait outside! What an absurd policy - and not very business-smart either. When I asked why this is the policy I got no intelligent answer from the "manager" except that "this is the policy". I've been to restaurants in 50 countries and never got such a dumb answer. As I speak fluently Italian it's not a question of understanding but of attitude. The managers attitude will certainly not make me return there.

Fortunately my family arrived and it was not very cold outside.....

The food is at best mediocre, the atmosphere lousy and the staff does give the impression that they do like their job. For 20 euro on average there are hundreds of places in Torino where you can eat better, be treated nicely and enjoy your evening.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We found this place on our first night in Turin after having a nice walk around and although we hadn't booked we got a nice table outside which was great for people watching.
As others have said it can take a little while for your order to be taken but we were in no rush so it wasn't a problem.
We both ordered pizzas which were both very nice - my hubby had one with mussels and he certainly got a few lol The pizzas were very filling.
Overall the service and food was very good and if we're ever back in Turin we would go back.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

When you look across at the chef making the pizza, and you see he has a proper stonebake oven, where you can see real flames, that the food is going to be great.
Ate here twice on my stay in Turin.
The Mussels looked great, but i'm not to keen on them, so opted for Pizza on both nights.
The Pizza is made with proper homemade tomato base, where you can still see the lumps of tomato. The toppings are all fresh and generous.
First time had beer, pizza, Canolli, coffee and a Melonchello and it came to €20.
Second time I had 1/2 litre (3 glasses) house Red, Bottle of water, Pizza, Panacotte, coffee and Lemoncello and it came to €23
Wasn't stuck away ion a corner, or treated any differently due to being a single diner.
Would highly recommend.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The good:

The location is great. Adjacent to Via Roma, it was a convenient stop for us on an evening shopping stroll.

The menu had a fair bit of variety. They had the usual pizza options. They have a ton of mussels options. They even combine the two.

And back in the States, it's hard to find seafood on pizza. So this was a welcome change of pace. We spotted the picture of the large pizza encircled with Mussels right by the door. We knew that we need to try that. It was tasty!

The crust on all the pizzas was good. Just the right amount of chewiness, crispiness, and lack of charring.

The not so good:

Our table outside was pleasant, but crowded. Our knees knocked together under the table. The lady behind us knocked into our chair a couple times. They need to provide a bit more elbow room around the tables.

The biggest gripe was the inattentive wait staff. They brought our food fast enough. They brought the water "with gas" that we requested, but never replenished our bottle. They never checked to see if we wanted anything else. They never brought the bill. We even flagged a waiter down with the international sign language for "check please". He nodded, but still never brought the bill.

The final word:

It was acceptable, overall. However, with so many options on every corner in this part of Torino, it's hard to say that we would return for some time. We went because it was next to us when we got hungry. If we got hungry on their doorstep again, then we would eat there. Otherwise, we won't be going out of our way to find them.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

If you like mussels this is the place for you! There were at least a dozen different ways you could order mussels. I received the largest bowl of mussels I have ever seen at a restaurant. The value is good and the restaurant is popular with locals.