“Good hotel in the city centre.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Due Mondi

Hotel Due Mondi
Ranked #114 of 128 Hotels in Turin
Mosta, Malta
“Good hotel in the city centre.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Having stayed here for 1 night with a friend, I can gladly say I was overall quite satisfied with this property. I travel to Turin to watch the local football team Juventus Fc, therefore my stays are normally relatively short. This property is very central, 2 mins walking distance from the Porta Nuova train station, and 15 mins walk away from the main shopping area, Via Roma, and the surrounding Piazza's. I found the reception staff to be friendly and helpful. The twin room was spacious, and had enough storage space for a few nights. The room, & the ensuite, bathroom were clean, towels and soap were provided, electrical plugs were available, and the tv was in good working condition. Wifi is available at a charge of 3 euro for 24hrs, however I managed to connect with another free wifi detected in the area. The only downside to my room was the fact that it was on the main street side, therefore there was a bit of noise, however, it did not really effect my sleep. Unlike what other's commented, I found the breakfast to be quite good. There was a selection of 3 different tea's ( English b'fast, camomile, & lemon tea), an automated coffee machine, which included everything from espresso to hot chocolate, they also had 2 juices. I enjoyed their tea a lot, and the juice was refreshing. With regards to food, there was a selection of 4 different pastries, croissants, 2 different types of ham & chesse, as well as a selection of bread, including french sliced. Being one that is used to having b'fast in the morning, I found this one to be good enough, considering what I paid. I will definitely be staying here again in the near future.

Room Tip: I would opt for a room that is not on the street side, however, the noise isn't too bad, and sho...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

room is OK (though noisy on the street), but cleaning poor, breakfast poor.
WIFI did not function my entire stay (3 nights). they apologised, but only after insisting for a solution, they suggested me to ask in the next hotel, which of course did not take clients from the competitor. After walking around 15 minutes I found a pub around the corner with free WIFI, they apparently did not know of.
When complaining at the check out, I was very unpolitely told that it was not their fault, but some general deficiency in the street (how can that be?), and they were not responsible. When I replied that when they promise free WIFI I cannot see who else would be responsible the guy crudely answered that this was not his business. He did not want to give me one cent of discount.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Turin hotels

Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I do not recommend this hotel as the rooms are small and badly decorated. The beakfast wasn't really a breakfast. The first day only one portion of Greek yoghurt, the second no yoghurt. No scrammbled eggs, sausages or something hot to choose from, no fresh fruit, only one kind of ham and cheese. And the machine that produces juice is so slow that it takes about 3 minutes to fill up one glass. You really get in a bad mood when starting your day here.
Lucky enough is the weather fine outside.

Room Tip: Just choose another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

the staff were fantastically friendly, my italian is very minimal but we managed to communicate fantastically. The rooms were large clean and well looked after. we travelled for family reasons and had a suit , a triple and a double. all were good with working air condition and we had no problems using wi fi at all . It is a little noisy on the street at night but the hotel is in central turin so to be expected but it did not disturb our sleep- if air con on and windows shut no problem. very easy reach to lovely local resturants , very cheap to eat and mini market and supermarket within 50 steps each way. extremely easy from airport bus which leaves just outside porto nova station and just by all major bus/tram routes. Breakfast self service all the usual coffee croissants, bread, cereal fruit from 7.30- 10.15 and whatever time we went never any problems. will definitely go back next time visiting turin

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank turintravellor
Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

No internet access, the receptionists were not very service-minded, the room was okay but a lamp on the nightstand was not working and when I asked assistance with the lamp I was told they would take care of it...never happened though. The bed was fine. The only thing on the TV was Italian talk shows with a young blond woman and an old gentleman speaking nothing but Italian.
The locations was fine but drug dealers and prostitutes were right outside the front door, and the noise from the street was terrible - Sunday morning at 7 am the garbage truck woke me up - like every other morning!
The breakfast was ok - nothing fancy, lacking several things that makes a nice breakfast. E.g. the bread was dry, no yoghurt, the tea-selection was two different kinds of tea and no lids for the teapots/coffeepots...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

Negatives: The Hotel Due Mondi failed my expectation! I was expecting a better service, at least a standard quality for the 100€ charged but hotel well-below average. Upon arrival in our room, heavy cigarette smoke smell. No option was given to us as a customer to either change rooms, go to another hotel otherwise we would be charged for one night. Finally after heavy complaints, they decided to change the room. Only when we thought it was going to be better, NO. Double room have connected twin mattresses not properly secured and splits during the night, the tap water in the bathroom clogged, breakfast in the morning quite terrible and EVEN the coffee and fruits. For one night in Torino, my friends and I rented two rooms and in either case the hotel have failed in our expectation. They do not even have a proper client log with payment status and double charge my friend when I already paid for both rooms before.

2 positives: location and bathroom cleanlinness ok

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

Awful experience! I found bed-bugs in my bed and I have been bite....I have been there the 7th of September.I do not think they have made any pest control. Anyway HIGHLY NO RACCOMENDED!
Daniela Ziglioli