“client is not of interest”
Review of Hotel Due Mondi

Hotel Due Mondi
Ranked #119 of 130 Hotels in Turin
Reviewed February 12, 2013

room is OK (though noisy on the street), but cleaning poor, breakfast poor.
WIFI did not function my entire stay (3 nights). they apologised, but only after insisting for a solution, they suggested me to ask in the next hotel, which of course did not take clients from the competitor. After walking around 15 minutes I found a pub around the corner with free WIFI, they apparently did not know of.
When complaining at the check out, I was very unpolitely told that it was not their fault, but some general deficiency in the street (how can that be?), and they were not responsible. When I replied that when they promise free WIFI I cannot see who else would be responsible the guy crudely answered that this was not his business. He did not want to give me one cent of discount.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I do not recommend this hotel as the rooms are small and badly decorated. The beakfast wasn't really a breakfast. The first day only one portion of Greek yoghurt, the second no yoghurt. No scrammbled eggs, sausages or something hot to choose from, no fresh fruit, only one kind of ham and cheese. And the machine that produces juice is so slow that it takes about 3 minutes to fill up one glass. You really get in a bad mood when starting your day here.
Lucky enough is the weather fine outside.

Room Tip: Just choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2011

the staff were fantastically friendly, my italian is very minimal but we managed to communicate fantastically. The rooms were large clean and well looked after. we travelled for family reasons and had a suit , a triple and a double. all were good with working air condition and we had no problems using wi fi at all . It is a little noisy on the street at night but the hotel is in central turin so to be expected but it did not disturb our sleep- if air con on and windows shut no problem. very easy reach to lovely local resturants , very cheap to eat and mini market and supermarket within 50 steps each way. extremely easy from airport bus which leaves just outside porto nova station and just by all major bus/tram routes. Breakfast self service all the usual coffee croissants, bread, cereal fruit from 7.30- 10.15 and whatever time we went never any problems. will definitely go back next time visiting turin

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank turintravellor
Reviewed December 10, 2010

No internet access, the receptionists were not very service-minded, the room was okay but a lamp on the nightstand was not working and when I asked assistance with the lamp I was told they would take care of it...never happened though. The bed was fine. The only thing on the TV was Italian talk shows with a young blond woman and an old gentleman speaking nothing but Italian.
The locations was fine but drug dealers and prostitutes were right outside the front door, and the noise from the street was terrible - Sunday morning at 7 am the garbage truck woke me up - like every other morning!
The breakfast was ok - nothing fancy, lacking several things that makes a nice breakfast. E.g. the bread was dry, no yoghurt, the tea-selection was two different kinds of tea and no lids for the teapots/coffeepots...

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Negatives: The Hotel Due Mondi failed my expectation! I was expecting a better service, at least a standard quality for the 100€ charged but hotel well-below average. Upon arrival in our room, heavy cigarette smoke smell. No option was given to us as a customer to either change rooms, go to another hotel otherwise we would be charged for one night. Finally after heavy complaints, they decided to change the room. Only when we thought it was going to be better, NO. Double room have connected twin mattresses not properly secured and splits during the night, the tap water in the bathroom clogged, breakfast in the morning quite terrible and EVEN the coffee and fruits. For one night in Torino, my friends and I rented two rooms and in either case the hotel have failed in our expectation. They do not even have a proper client log with payment status and double charge my friend when I already paid for both rooms before.

2 positives: location and bathroom cleanlinness ok

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Awful experience! I found bed-bugs in my bed and I have been bite....I have been there the 7th of September.I do not think they have made any pest control. Anyway HIGHLY NO RACCOMENDED!
Daniela Ziglioli

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank DanielaZiglioli
Reviewed June 9, 2010

OK - the good stuff first. 1. Location is very central and most sites are no more than a very leisurely 15/20 minute stroll. 2. Standard room bed was very comfortable. 3. Breakfast is generous by many standards - but not the best quality, still more than adequate.
So - the bad stuff. 1. Unlike many website advertisements, Internet is NOT free. 2. Standard rooms are smallish & OLD. Bedside lamps literally fell out of the wall when trying to turn them on & nearly electrocuted my wife. 3. Our early June visit corresponded with a somewhat unseasonal heat wave of over 30 degrees each day. The advertised Air Conditioning was pitiful. I know there are special regulations in Italy regarding the use of air conditioning in hotels, so I can reserve some judgement here - nonetheless it did not make for a pleasant night's sleep and none of the staff where all that interested in helping. 4. The staff are mostly ambivalent about the guests. I speak passable Italian and even this did not help - one exception, there is a lovely young lady who was very pleasant and eager to assist - thank god for her!!! 5. The area is not salubrious, but unlike other reviewers, we had no problems and did not feel threatened or in danger in any way. Turin has a large Arabic population and many live/ work around this area. 5. In some reviews (esp. Lonely Planet) they suggest that all the rooms are very spacious and include either a sauna or spa in the bathroom. This is incorrect for standard rooms. The "deluxe" rooms are larger, nicer and have these features (I snuck a look when the maid wasn't looking), but standard rooms are on the wrong side of the old & outdated. 6. Cleanliness wasn't great. We had no problems with sheets & towels and the initial impression was the room was clean if grubby from wear & tear. However under the bed was very dusty, a thick veneer. On top of the wall mounted TV there was a thick layer of dust. Inside the air conditioner - around the compressor, there was so much dust I wondered if this was in fact the real reason the air conditioner. 7. Service - small things like no toilet paper when we arrived. Poor, poor, poor. Breakfast was OK, but again the replenishment of some items was slow. Trying to get some tourist information from front desk staff was not easy.
Summary: There is no one single thing which makes the standard rooms here bad, but there are a collection of many smaller issues which mean its hard to recommend this hotel to anyone. Perhaps 1 or 2 nights in spring or autumn when its not too hot or cold and if you really need to be close to the Porta Nuova railway station. But really, I would look for other options if possible OR if money is less of an issue, go for a Deluxe room as these seemed to eliminate most of the negative issues we experienced.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business