“Good location for the city center” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Turin City Center

Holiday Inn Turin City Center
Ranked #67 of 128 Hotels in Turin
Chelsea, MI
“Good location for the city center”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn on a 2 week business trip. The rooms are rather small, and I would say average from a comfort standpoint. Also, the doors to the balconies did not lock well, or at all. The continental breakfast in the morning was acceptable. Also, the bar was open in the evenings from 6-10, or so they say. It was hard to find someone to wait on you since they had the cook doing double duty as the bar tender.

On the up side, they do provide wireless internet service and the connection was always good, I did not have an issue once with my connection. Also, all of the guys working at the counter did a very good job remembering me and my room number and they all spoke very good english (for those of you american travelers).

There is no fitness center or swimming pool at this hotel, but I do not know how many hotels in Torino have these things.

The other hotel I have stayed at in Torino is the Ambasciatorri (on Corso Vitorio Emanuelle). The Ambasciatorri is a little bit nicer and has larger rooms, but does not have the proximity to the city center. I think the two are comparable in price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
torit, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Holiday Inn Turin City Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2013

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Hebrew first
Beaver Island, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Greeted by friendly desk staff who offered many good suggestions for cafe, lunch, and directions to the next days meeting. Room is typical of old city experience for size (smaller than those in the US) yet it was very clean and the bed was comfortable with good linens. Hot shower came fast with plenty of pressure and lighting was acceptable for the wife's make-up needs. The location is just one block straight out from the old Main train terminal (NOT Port SUSSA, which is Torino's new terminal) exit, which is helpful if you have any quantity of luggage.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Da_YguY

Kent, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed in probably 7 or 8 hotels in Turin and this is by far the nicest. Large rooms, huge King bed that was so comfortable I contemplated just inviting my Turin friends and their kids to hang out with me on the bed all day since it's about the size of their apartment (unfortunately Italian law prohibits having visitors in the room :-(( ). Nice sized bathroom with a disproportionately small shower (!). I mean I'm 5'8 and 165 lbs and I barely fit in the shower. But the bathroom has a cute little French balcony, meaning a little tiny balcony you can't really hang out on but you could probably have a glass of sparkly wine with a loved one on it before heading out to enjoy Torino by night. Nice breakfast. In contrast to another so-called 4-star hotel where I had to alternately beg and threaten to get a cappuccino, in this place a young lady took my order the first day and on the second day a guy showed up with a cappuccino and I said, "Oh I didn't order that" bc I had just gotten there and he said "Yes but I was told this is what you ordered yesterday." Now THAT my friends is 4 star service. Now, there is a fly in the ointment of this place which is the smoking by staff. I don't mind that the desk staff take turns having smokes outside the doors, I mean that's their business after all, but when I left my room at approx. 1 pm one day I walked by a guest room which was being "cleaned" by two maids, one of whom was working, the other was sitting in a chair having a smoke. She was clearly startled, it was a time of day probably not many guests are in the hotel and a slow time of year (January) and she tried to hide the cig but I mean you could smell the stench of smoke in the whole hallway. It was a non-smoking room (I checked) and I believe it is a non-smoking hotel. I really think in the States that person could have lost her job. I thought about saying something but the desk staff are all chain-smokers and anyway I'm at the point where I feel my energy is best-spent in forums like this. But I did request that my room NOT be cleaned or entered during my stay. Btw it wasn't an isolated incident bc I continued to smell smoke while the maids were cleaning so obviously this is a bad habit they've gotten into with the management closing one eye. But there was no smell of smoke in my room at any time. There is some limited hallway noise but the guests here are mostly business travelers so they go to bed fairly early. The climate control thing doesn't seem to really work well, you could have roasted a chicken in my room but I hate the cold worse than the heat and you can always open a window. Speaking of, there is a warning on the window too, you probably shouldn't get an upper floor if you have little kids bc access to the Great Outdoors is a little too easy.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 4th floor which was quite nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Deborah M

Sackets Harbor, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Arrived in Torino from the Porto Nuovo Train station which is strikingly close to the location of this hotel, we were able to easily walk even with having snowboards and luggage. The staff were friendly and helpful and the beds and room were comfortable, clean and modern. I must rave about the breakfast because I found it above average for a european breakfast bufet which are far superior to any stateside hotel but the Holiday Inn breakfast left an impression on me as one of the better i've ever eaten at! Torino/Turin is known for their chocolate and the chocolate dishes available for breakfast are a little staggering, but I found this a good thing. If I ever take the train to Torino again I will certainly be staying at the Holiday Inn again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
torit, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Holiday Inn Turin City Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013

brighton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

One of the old style hoteles situated in the bussy down town area near the main Railway station. Rooms are showing their age now but are clean and comfortable. Resteraunt is best avoided but that is no big deal as there are pleenty to choose only a stroll away.

Room Tip: Dont try and Park a large car in the Car park unless you have an hour to spare manoveering
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We used points and stayed here during our one night in Torino. Once we got our bearings straight after the bus ride from Malpensa we were good. Close to the train station and Po river which is where all the people hang out at night. Didn't have the breakfast so I can't comment on that. Front desk staff were available and willing to assist.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
torit, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Holiday Inn Turin City Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2012

Antonio D'Antino
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

The hotel location was good for me since it was 1 minute walking distance from Porta Nouva train station. And was not far from the main squares/piazzas in Torino.
The hotel is clean. The price is good. If I would visit Torino again it will be one of my choices.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
torit, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Holiday Inn Turin City Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2012