“Not a 4 star”
Review of Concord Hotel

Concord Hotel
Ranked #23 of 130 Hotels in Turin
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Do not walk barefoot in the room unless you want to end up with dusty feet...
A lot of dust under the bed too...

We booked a room for 3 and had only one bed ready. They said that they messed up the reservation and prepare the bed sofa (really uncomfortable!). Instead of 3 beds, we had 2 double bed.
We only had one blanket for 2 beds. When we asked for a second one they brought us some bed linen. They couldn't find any blankets.

We made 6 cups of tea the first day, they didn't refill the tray so we had to call for more.

The breakfast was very nice.
The day time receptionists were nice. The night ones were less nice...

I would recommend the hotel for the good location but nothing else.
BTW, I paid 58€ to park my car 45 hours in the nearby underground parking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Excellent breakfast , friendly staff , perfect location ! We will stay again when we are in Turin ! The hotel is within walking distance to many bars and restaurants . In the past we have stayed in other hotels in the city but this hotel is by far the best.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Turin is the first city we visited in Italy. We stayed here for 2 nights in the mid of May in 2013. Extra tourist tax is needed in Turin, which is 3.2 euro per person per night.
Excellent location. Easy to find as it's just next to train station. Lots of local restaurant nearby. 15 minutes walk to Egypt museum. 30 minutes walk to most of the main attractions.
Rich breakfast with large variety.
Old and tiny room but acceptable hygiene and comfortable air conditioning.
Good English staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hoiyan_michelle
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Very conveniently located just across the road from the main train station on a quiet street. My spacious room was on the top floor and was very bright and comfortable. Good value for money: 80 euros B&B. Both check-in and check-out were fast and efficient.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Emanuela C
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights from the 18th of April. The location of this hotel is good and the bed is clean. It's just a few minutes walk to the Porta Nuova satation. These are good parts of this hotel. However, the quality of service is the worst ever I have experienced around the world. I have been travelling all over the world 4-5 times a year for last 15 years.

I went to the property at noon to check in to hear that you need to return at 2pm for checking in from the manager. I returned to the hotel late at night at 11pm. When I entered the room, I the lighting in the room did not work. I asked for the replacement only to hear that there is no room available from a guy named "Ricardo or Carlos". I asked for the manger to talk. However, that did not happen. I ended up with waiting almost 50 minutes until 11: 50PM to check in another room. The receptionist lied to me when he told me that there were no rooms.

The telephone in the new room did not work. I cannot talk over the phone to the front desk.
There is a no disturbance light next to the door, which never turn off.

When I complained these things to another guy at the front desk at checking-out, the guy named "Mr. Carlos" did not want to listen to me at all. He passed me to the manager and did not even try to look at my eyes and tried to avoid the situation. I could not see smiling faces at this hotel for two days, no welcome greetings.

Finally, when I saw a manager, he was the guy who asked for returning at 2pm and gave me a reduction on the hotel fees. However, after two days of struggle with font desk guys, I was so stressed that I would never return this hotel again.

Please, be cautious when you visit this hotel. Lower your expectation. Never expect welcome greetings.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Jeonghoon M
Reviewed December 17, 2012

As I always do, before I go on my travels, I always check out the reviews of every hotel. Atahotel Concord, did have some reviews which were a bit worrying, however my experience in this hotel was outstanding to say the least.My girlfriend & I booked the hotel for a short 3 night stay in Turin, What we enjoyed about this hotel:
1. It was only a 5 minute walk from the train station and bus stop
2. It is found in a quiet street
3. Just a 10 minute walk and you are in the main squares of Turin
4. Our room was very clean and it was cleaned everyday
5. B'fast was varied and good
6. Service and staff really helpful and friendly

On the whole I would definitely recommend this hotel should you be going to Turin.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kukku081
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel is situated in a very convenient position; 500 mts walk to the Egyptian museum, very close to via Roma ( shopping centers), all the important squares are within walking distance. The metro is also across the road!
One good thing about the Ata Concord is that they have a private underground parking but at a cost between €25 - 30 per day! Taxi stop is right in front of the hotel for any further distance to travel as it's not so easy to drive around in Turin.
Now, the rooms are quite spacious... unusual for hotels in Italy.
The negative aspect of this hotel are carpets which are a bit dirty and needs thorough cleaning or even better changing. The bathrooms are also spacious except that the housekeeping must take more care of the corners which are breeding mold.
Breakfast is OK.