Our next return to this hotel after one year has brought the same impressions and expriences like one year before. it will start with the problem to park your car. There are only 2 spaces infront of the hotel which are occupied. So you go to the reception and make your check in. You will inform the staff that your car is blocking another one and that they should park the car immediately. (35,00 € per day they will charge for it). Of course this takes time because we are in Italy and they only have one person for this job. The check in takes time and it seems that you are not welcome. The staff is looking unfriendly and grumpy. Then you will get your keycard for the room. Of course you will not get informed about the facilities of the hotel. Of course you will not get informed about opening hours of the restaurant for breakfast or dinner and where this restaurant is located. Now you take the lift and we have had a fine room on the 8th floor with wonderful overlooking view at Torino. But before we got this we could not enter the room because the keycard was not working. So we needed to return to the reception once more. Of course the lady at the reception became almost angry about those stupid silly tourists who are unable to use a simple keycard. Depending on my wish the lady came with another keycard to our room and surprise surprise also this keycard was not working! Funny or not? So staff has opened with a general keycard and we have received a normal key made out of simple metal...This procedure took us almost 15 minutes. Well the complete hotel including the room is modern and stylish. It has a real good design and you will feel good except the experiences with staff. Then we went to the bar to have a drink. Although there were only 2 people sitting nobody has cared about us. After some sitting almost 10 minutes without getting disturbed from the barman we have asked for a winelist of card for drinks. After we have decided what to drink again we needed to wait 10 minutes so we spoke to the barman what we wanted to get. Now the experiences with breakfast. All offers do not fit to a 5 star hotel. The breakfast with quality and choice is poor and has maximum a 3 star standard. The first day nobody of the staff has payed attention of us although there were only sitting a few guests. 3 waiters did not greeted us or served us.
The next day it was better and they have greeted us. In the evening we sat outside on the terrace of the hotel. After getting one glas of wine the waiter disappeared and was not seen anymore. We needed to get inside to ask for the bill.
So everybody will know what is more important to make a decision if this is the right hotel or not. The check out was also very poor. None of the staff seems to be in a good mood or to have a good motivation. Of course there was no saying good bye or the question for beeing satisfied and to hope to see us back again.
The result: Good hotel with poor service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Principi di Piemonte is a key feature of the elegant city of Turin,with its history echoing throughout its rooms. The imposing building dominates the streets of the city center, offering the most comfortable setting for your stay in the capital of Piedmont. Its elegance and attractive details go hand in hand with a wide range of services and marked customer-focus. This hotel is perfect for guests seeking sophistication, accommodating those traveling for business, those wishing to experience the city's art and culture or join in the dynamic city life, as well as those seeking well being and relaxation. HOTEL: 99 rooms divided into Deluxe, Junior Suite, Junior Suite View, Suite,Diplomatic Suite, Executive Suite and Presidential Suite. Non-smoking rooms. Rooms available for disabled guests. Communicating rooms. Rooms with non-allergenic furnishings and pet friendly rooms. Rooms with panoramic view. Restaurant and Bar. SPA & WELLNESS: An exclusive Wellness Center, reserved only to the hotel's Guests.There you will find the indoor heated pool, the wonderful relaxing lounge with its precious mosaics, emotional showers, an elegant Turkish bath decorated in a Tunisian style and a wide and comfortable Finnish sauna. Sportsmen will also find an excellent gym, equipped with state-of-the art fitness technology and two massage rooms with music and chrome therapy systems. MEETINGS, CONFERENCES & EVENTS: 7 meeting rooms. Plenary room with 220 seats. Banquet rooms for standing cocktails for up to 350 people. Rooms with parquet and carpeting. 3 Rooms with 6 m ceilings. Exhibition area. Dedicated areas with modular rooms to accommodate any kind of event. Dedicated menus and original decorations based on each type of event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Principi di Piemonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Principi Di Piemonte Turin
- Principi Di Piemonte Hotel