“Incredible Experience in the Historical center”

Hotel Principi di Piemonte
Ranked #10 of 129 Hotels in Turin
San Francisco
“Incredible Experience in the Historical center”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a great Art deco Hotel that was recently restored and updated for the Turin Winter Olympics in 2006. The hotel staff is great, the rooms are luxurious and everything in the central historic zone are a short walk away. Torino is a must for Italian travelers and the Hotel Principi di Piemonte is the perfect hotel for a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
2 Thank romenet
PrincipidiPiemonte, Shift Leader - Front Office Dept. at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

first of all thank you for choosing Hotel Principi di Piemonte in Turin for your stay!

The beautiful words of your review makes us excited! We are lucky to work in a hotel which is very nice as well as being close to all the major points of interest turistco / cultural center.
Thanks for defining great all our Staff, we really like to take care of our guests and we are extremely proud to have succeeded with you.

We hope to welcome you back to feel like you are one of us during your next stay in Turin!

Arrivederci, hope to see you soon

Carmen Americo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel has a perfect location for enjoying the center of Torino. The staff is outstanding. The front desk is eager to help with restaurant reservations and their suggestions are excellent.
The morning breakfast is varied and should appeal to most tastes.
Rick Steve's book on Italy overlooks this city but other travelers should not. It is a gem equal to or surpassing places like Bologna.
In addition, my husband had a dental emergency. The staff located someone to handle this for him. What an unexpected bonus for us -- an unpleasant situation completely turned around.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank MerMerAustin
PrincipidiPiemonte, Shift Leader - Front Office Dep. at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

first of all thank you for choosing the Hotel Principi di Piemonte in Turin for your stay!

Your review fills our heart with joy and pride for both Turin describes as, too often overlooked as a city, but especially for the way you talk about the Hotel and out Staff. We take always care with great enthusiasm of our guests and, review like your is the best gift we can receive.

We hope that the dental emergency that, if I remember, it had been well treated by our trusted dentist, has resolved completely.

Although we are not very close, we hope you will come back soon to Turin and to the Hotel.

See you soon.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. The people are friendly, the hotel is 5 star, people are very polite and speak English very well. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area. the SPA /Pool is amazing with many different massage jets to choose from. The breakfast buffet is large and fresh and delicious. We stayed there for 9 nights and it was a lovely stay, worth every penny spent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anna G
PrincipidiPiemonte, Shift Leader - Front Office Dept. at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your nice review on this site about our beautiful Hotel, the staff always attentive and Gentile, rich buffet breakfast and wonderful SPA makes us really happy to have left a good memory in its memory and confident to be able to see again soon.
We will be honored to help you spend an unforgettable stay with us again.

See you soon.

Port Macquarie
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were greeted by friendly staff who were very helpful. Our room was spacious, nicely appointed and super clean. We had drinks in the bar area and the waiters delivered delicious complimentary nibbles to us.
Location is great: a short walk to the train station and shops; there is also a taxi rank opposite.
We enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation to return.
Thanks to the great staff who helped us enjoy a great visit.

2 Thank TravelersofOZ
PrincipidiPiemonte, Shift Leader - Front Office Dept. at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing Hotel Principi di Piemonte in Turin for your stay!

We are extremely pleased you enjoyed our friendly staff and always available to help you find the best solutions to fully enjoy the hotel and the city.
Thank you, also, for enhanced cleaning of the structure and its central location which are certainly among our strengths.

There can only hope to see you again soon, we will endeavor to make your stay unforgettable.

Goodbye

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I have been visiting Turin for over 7 years, and all bar the very first visit, we have been staying at the Principi di Piemonte. A great central location with modern interiors, spacious rooms and very friendly staff. I can't really find any major faults. However, if pushed, the only thing that would be welcome would be complimentary WiFi access which the majority of hotels now offer guests.

Room Tip: I usually try and upgrade to a suite which offers more space and does not cost much more than a stan...
2 Thank ChristianPoulton
PrincipidiPiemonte, Shift Leader Front Office Dept. at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guests,
thank you for coming to our Hotel and for your wonderful review on this site!
Thank you for your words about our Hotel and out Staff always freindly, professional and available helping our Guests!
About the WI-FI, we are sorry, we know that the most of the Hotels offered free connections, but we hope is just a little forgettable problem you had during your unfogettable stay with us!
See you soon!

Carmen
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only one night, thankfully. We checked in mid-afternoon, got to our room which was hot. I assumed the A/C had just been turned off. I turned it down,made sure the fan was on auto, closed the curtains and off we went to see Turin. We returned to our room about 10 pm, it was still really hot in the room. I again assumed that maybe because we did not leave the room key card in the wall slot that perhaps the A/C also is turned off when your not in the room. i made sure the A/C was on, turned down and I got in the shower and got ready for bed. At 11 pm the room was still very hot and we were laying in bed SWEATING. I called down to the front desk, a man answered and said that it looked like it was working, but that he could electronically turn the A/C down from the front desk. He turned it down to 16C/60F. He said wait an hour and it should cool down. 12:45 am we were laying in bed still SWEATING, so bad the sheets were wet. I called back to the front desk and told the lady who answered that the A/C was not working. She told me that maintenance was not on site at that hour. I asked if we could move to another room, she said we could but we would need to pack all of our things and take them with us. I told her I really didn't want to have to pack my things at 1am. She said that is all she could offer.I asked if she could just bring us a fan. She said they didn't have fans. I asked if there was someone else I could speak to about this, she said the manager would be in later that morning. The next morning we were checking out, I told the lady that had an issue with the A/C. She said she would have someone check it out. I said that is good for the next person staying there, however that does us no good since we are checking out. She said she was sorry, but that we could have moved to another room. I said, yes but only if we packed our things and took them with us. Which at 1 am was not a very good option. She then then went on to say, that she doesn't know why I was told that, it is not their policy. I could have left my things in my room, and just slept in another room. Again, I said well this does me no good, now that I am checking out. She then very harshly said, we do not give discounts!! I asked to speak to the manager, she said he was not in. I asked to speak to any one else, she said she was the only one working the front desk. She then went on to try and charge us for the room again, after we had paid in advance for the room. I had to provide them with the email confirmation from AMEX and the email confirmation from their hotel that the room had in fact been paid in advance. Terrible customer service experience, especially from a 5 star hotel. ATAHOTELS should really make sure that employees at their 5 Star hotels, have been properly trained in how to offer 5 Star customer service.

8 Thank TabbieKat