“Perfecto!”

Hotel Principi di Piemonte
Ranked #11 of 130 Hotels in Turin
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel has a perfect location for enjoying the center of Torino. The staff is outstanding. The front desk is eager to help with restaurant reservations and their suggestions are excellent.
The morning breakfast is varied and should appeal to most tastes.
Rick Steve's book on Italy overlooks this city but other travelers should not. It is a gem equal to or surpassing places like Bologna.
In addition, my husband had a dental emergency. The staff located someone to handle this for him. What an unexpected bonus for us -- an unpleasant situation completely turned around.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank MerMerAustin
PrincipidiPiemonte, Shift Leader - Front Office Dep. at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

first of all thank you for choosing the Hotel Principi di Piemonte in Turin for your stay!

Your review fills our heart with joy and pride for both Turin describes as, too often overlooked as a city, but especially for the way you talk about the Hotel and out Staff. We take always care with great enthusiasm of our guests and, review like your is the best gift we can receive.

We hope that the dental emergency that, if I remember, it had been well treated by our trusted dentist, has resolved completely.

Although we are not very close, we hope you will come back soon to Turin and to the Hotel.

See you soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. The people are friendly, the hotel is 5 star, people are very polite and speak English very well. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area. the SPA /Pool is amazing with many different massage jets to choose from. The breakfast buffet is large and fresh and delicious. We stayed there for 9 nights and it was a lovely stay, worth every penny spent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna G
PrincipidiPiemonte, Shift Leader - Front Office Dept. at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

first of all thank you for choosing Hotel Principi di Piemonte in Turin for your stay!

Your nice review on this site about our beautiful Hotel, the staff always attentive and Gentile, rich buffet breakfast and wonderful SPA makes us really happy to have left a good memory in its memory and confident to be able to see again soon.
We will be honored to help you spend an unforgettable stay with us again.

See you soon.

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Turin
Reviewed October 9, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
PrincipidiPiemonte, Shift Leader - Front Office Dept. at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were greeted by friendly staff who were very helpful. Our room was spacious, nicely appointed and super clean. We had drinks in the bar area and the waiters delivered delicious complimentary nibbles to us.
Location is great: a short walk to the train station and shops; there is also a taxi rank opposite.
We enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation to return.
Thanks to the great staff who helped us enjoy a great visit.

2  Thank TravelersofOZ

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing Hotel Principi di Piemonte in Turin for your stay!

We are extremely pleased you enjoyed our friendly staff and always available to help you find the best solutions to fully enjoy the hotel and the city.
Thank you, also, for enhanced cleaning of the structure and its central location which are certainly among our strengths.

There can only hope to see you again soon, we will endeavor to make your stay unforgettable.

Goodbye

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I have been visiting Turin for over 7 years, and all bar the very first visit, we have been staying at the Principi di Piemonte. A great central location with modern interiors, spacious rooms and very friendly staff. I can't really find any major faults. However, if pushed, the only thing that would be welcome would be complimentary WiFi access which the majority of hotels now offer guests.

Room Tip: I usually try and upgrade to a suite which offers more space and does not cost much more than a stan...
2  Thank ChristianPoulton
PrincipidiPiemonte, Shift Leader Front Office Dept. at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guests,
thank you for coming to our Hotel and for your wonderful review on this site!
Thank you for your words about our Hotel and out Staff always freindly, professional and available helping our Guests!
About the WI-FI, we are sorry, we know that the most of the Hotels offered free connections, but we hope is just a little forgettable problem you had during your unfogettable stay with us!
See you soon!

Carmen

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only one night, thankfully. We checked in mid-afternoon, got to our room which was hot. I assumed the A/C had just been turned off. I turned it down,made sure the fan was on auto, closed the curtains and off we went to see Turin. We returned to our room about 10 pm, it was still really hot in the room. I again assumed that maybe because we did not leave the room key card in the wall slot that perhaps the A/C also is turned off when your not in the room. i made sure the A/C was on, turned down and I got in the shower and got ready for bed. At 11 pm the room was still very hot and we were laying in bed SWEATING. I called down to the front desk, a man answered and said that it looked like it was working, but that he could electronically turn the A/C down from the front desk. He turned it down to 16C/60F. He said wait an hour and it should cool down. 12:45 am we were laying in bed still SWEATING, so bad the sheets were wet. I called back to the front desk and told the lady who answered that the A/C was not working. She told me that maintenance was not on site at that hour. I asked if we could move to another room, she said we could but we would need to pack all of our things and take them with us. I told her I really didn't want to have to pack my things at 1am. She said that is all she could offer.I asked if she could just bring us a fan. She said they didn't have fans. I asked if there was someone else I could speak to about this, she said the manager would be in later that morning. The next morning we were checking out, I told the lady that had an issue with the A/C. She said she would have someone check it out. I said that is good for the next person staying there, however that does us no good since we are checking out. She said she was sorry, but that we could have moved to another room. I said, yes but only if we packed our things and took them with us. Which at 1 am was not a very good option. She then then went on to say, that she doesn't know why I was told that, it is not their policy. I could have left my things in my room, and just slept in another room. Again, I said well this does me no good, now that I am checking out. She then very harshly said, we do not give discounts!! I asked to speak to the manager, she said he was not in. I asked to speak to any one else, she said she was the only one working the front desk. She then went on to try and charge us for the room again, after we had paid in advance for the room. I had to provide them with the email confirmation from AMEX and the email confirmation from their hotel that the room had in fact been paid in advance. Terrible customer service experience, especially from a 5 star hotel. ATAHOTELS should really make sure that employees at their 5 Star hotels, have been properly trained in how to offer 5 Star customer service.

10  Thank TabbieKat
Reviewed September 28, 2013

There simply isnt enough space on this site for me to explain exactly how bad this hotel was to stay at , but PLEASE take the time to read this if you are planning on staying there or if you are a business traveler in need of a good nights sleep. The first thing I will address is the response that I am going to get at the end of the my review the "Dear Guest etc etc we try to improve etc " this after our stay just wont wash and after Im finished on this site I will be writing directly to the the group owning this hotel chain demanding some sort of financial compensation.
I shall tell you that I am a very light sleeper and when I saw that this hotel advertised sound proof rooms I figured that this would be the place to stay .
We arrived hotel looked beautiful in marble etc but the glitz stopped on the first night when it became painfully obvious that not only were the rooms not sound proofed from the out side, they were also not sound proofed from the inside, At around 2 am the music from the bar called One Apple was still banging out and it was simply impossible to sleep, so I went to see reception and after I asked about the noise the comment made shocked me , and please keep in mind that I had specifically asked for a very quite room for my wife and I , the night guy said" yes we have had a lot of problems with noise from this bar , I will send the bell boy to go and ask to turn the music down , if they don't we will call the police , it wont be the first time ". Sound proof rooms ? So I asked to be moved , and in fairness to to the hotel they did just that the very next day , this is when the real fun began .
The room not only smelt of but wreaked of cigarette smoke, so much so we had to ask reception what was going on the reply again ( and please don't forget this is a 5 star hotel claiming to be the best in Turin ) was "open the windows" and the maid came with some air freshener. So we did just this that , in the mean time I had asked a few times if the air con could be switched off as they had so in the previous room, I was told that this was now impossible as they needed a technician to do this , I thought this was a joke but they were in fact serious , you can not turn off the air con. That evening I sat in the chair ( I weigh around 89 kg , 13 stone ) the chair broke , snapped clean in half , I fell cut my finger and head , and it was only by good fortune that I had 10 minutes earlier moved a glass table otherwise Id have gone through it . I went to reception with blood coming out the side of my head . The guy behind the counted just looked up and asked " do you want another chair ? " Now I was starting to lose my temper a 5 Star Hotel with this level of service ? Oh and this after being charged 32 euros for a double JD and coke at the bar , the story continues as it gets worst .
So the chair was removed , I was at no stage ever asked if I wanted any sort of medical attention and just left to get on with it , the service levels are so bad that the next morning one of the staff actually asked me if I had broken anything else. 3am all the lights go on in the hotel and the fire alarm goes off, I wake my wife and check to make sure there is no smoke coming under our door, its clear , I look out side the door , all clear , all still going lots of people looking around in panic , NOT ONE MEMBER OF STAFF anywhere to be seen, so I sprint down the fire exit to reception all 5 floors to be greeting by a woman smiling saying " its all ok its a problem with the building next door , it happens sometimes !!!! " 5 STAR ? BEST IN TURIN , and the story goes on.
On returning from a day out I really fancied going up to see the Observatory so I asked the hotel if they could call them to check the address and opening hours as its a journey by taxi and would be around 60 euros round trip, they did , we jumped into the taxi and got there to find out that you need to book, the lady said she told the hotel , they just did'nt bother to mention it , I got back fuming and the reply was exactly this " yes sorry we really should know about things like this should'nt we ? "
The other things on the list that I wont bother going into are as follows:
Please keep in mind this is a 5 Star Hotel
1. Asked 6 times to switch off air con , couldn't be done.
2. Was left with dirty glasses in the room at least 5 times.
3. Our key card went missing TWICE .
4.If this is meant to be a sound proof hotel how come I could hear the guy upstairs taking a dump?
5.You pay for internet access , if this wasnt bad enough what happens is it doesnt log off and your time expires without you knowing , I pointed this out twice and was told by the receptionist and these are her very words " THIS IS THE LAST TIME IM DOING THIS FOR YOU !!! "
6. The printers didnt work

I sadly got the flu when I was there , maybe the aircon constantly going didnt help but did not want my wife to get sick so decided to get a portable bed send up , 2 hours later it arrived .
Also I have some concerns about health and safety in this place , please read on and it will make sense.
The Spa is very nice , but when the lady goes to give a massage there is a very good possibility that you are going to be in the pool by your self . If anyone were to knock their head get cramp or have anything happen to them there simple isnt anybody monitoring you , you would drown , this may sound a little over the top but you just cant do this in this day and age .
The Principi Di Piemonte is the most awful hotel I have ever stayed in. the service levels are not only terrible but laughable , and for the price you are paying I would seriously consider the NH hotel in town , now if you have read this and think that its just me being unlucky then please read the final part .
Having discussed with my wife why we had been treated so badly and coming up with the conclusion that we are not the sort of customers they want and by that I mean Im not a business man , I wear t shirts and shorts and have tattoos , this is the only thing I could think off , that was until breakfast on the final morning.
We were sat at breakfast and a very nice American couple were sat next to us chatting , it would appear that all through the night , their room lights kept on going on and off at random intervals , and the only ay it could be fixed by the coming into the room and taking off an electrical panel etc , the American gent asked the if this was totally necessary as it was 2 am , the reply he got was " if you want it fixed ...yes " , well to out left was a business lady from Sweden who had over heard our conversation , she started by added " thank god I thought it was me ! Last night I ordered a prosecco which was brought to my room and when I tried to drink it it was hot ! So i rang down and complained and the reply she got was " we didnt have any cold so I thought this would do " The lady also confirmed the issues with the internet.
And concluded our conversation with the following statement," when I get back to Sweden , I will inform the agency who books our business trips never to use this hotel again , I could lose business .
Before checking out I hoped that we may have been given a discount , but no the best I got was an hours free internet which i could get from any cafe in the city .
Shameful .

8  Thank GaryCW42
PrincipidiPiemonte, Responsabile reception at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear guest,
I'm really very sorry to read your last comment and I'm here to demonstrate all the wonder for me and my colleagues reading your words. We always try to do our best to make the stay of our guests pleasant, trying to satisfy their expectations and helping them whenever we can. I really care to emphasize the fact that there are not, and there never will be, discrimination on our part for people who have tattoos; personally, indeed, tattoo fascinate me very much!
Unfortunately I realize that there were technical problems that may have influenced your opinion about our structure in a negative way, and I really apologize if we have not been able to solve the most of the situation, but I still hope to have you among our kind guests in the future so that we can show you how much kindness, courtesy and professionalism are the foundation of our much-loved work.
My most sincere greetings.

Elisa Trombotto