We stayed at this hotel only one night, thankfully. We checked in mid-afternoon, got to our room which was hot. I assumed the A/C had just been turned off. I turned it down,made sure the fan was on auto, closed the curtains and off we went to see Turin. We returned to our room about 10 pm, it was still really hot in the room. I again assumed that maybe because we did not leave the room key card in the wall slot that perhaps the A/C also is turned off when your not in the room. i made sure the A/C was on, turned down and I got in the shower and got ready for bed. At 11 pm the room was still very hot and we were laying in bed SWEATING. I called down to the front desk, a man answered and said that it looked like it was working, but that he could electronically turn the A/C down from the front desk. He turned it down to 16C/60F. He said wait an hour and it should cool down. 12:45 am we were laying in bed still SWEATING, so bad the sheets were wet. I called back to the front desk and told the lady who answered that the A/C was not working. She told me that maintenance was not on site at that hour. I asked if we could move to another room, she said we could but we would need to pack all of our things and take them with us. I told her I really didn't want to have to pack my things at 1am. She said that is all she could offer.I asked if she could just bring us a fan. She said they didn't have fans. I asked if there was someone else I could speak to about this, she said the manager would be in later that morning. The next morning we were checking out, I told the lady that had an issue with the A/C. She said she would have someone check it out. I said that is good for the next person staying there, however that does us no good since we are checking out. She said she was sorry, but that we could have moved to another room. I said, yes but only if we packed our things and took them with us. Which at 1 am was not a very good option. She then then went on to say, that she doesn't know why I was told that, it is not their policy. I could have left my things in my room, and just slept in another room. Again, I said well this does me no good, now that I am checking out. She then very harshly said, we do not give discounts!! I asked to speak to the manager, she said he was not in. I asked to speak to any one else, she said she was the only one working the front desk. She then went on to try and charge us for the room again, after we had paid in advance for the room. I had to provide them with the email confirmation from AMEX and the email confirmation from their hotel that the room had in fact been paid in advance. Terrible customer service experience, especially from a 5 star hotel. ATAHOTELS should really make sure that employees at their 5 Star hotels, have been properly trained in how to offer 5 Star customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Principi di Piemonte is a key feature of the elegant city of Turin,with its history echoing throughout its rooms. The imposing building dominates the streets of the city center, offering the most comfortable setting for your stay in the capital of Piedmont. Its elegance and attractive details go hand in hand with a wide range of services and marked customer-focus. This hotel is perfect for guests seeking sophistication, accommodating those traveling for business, those wishing to experience the city's art and culture or join in the dynamic city life, as well as those seeking well being and relaxation. HOTEL: 99 rooms divided into Deluxe, Junior Suite, Junior Suite View, Suite,Diplomatic Suite, Executive Suite and Presidential Suite. Non-smoking rooms. Rooms available for disabled guests. Communicating rooms. Rooms with non-allergenic furnishings and pet friendly rooms. Rooms with panoramic view. Restaurant and Bar. SPA & WELLNESS: An exclusive Wellness Center, reserved only to the hotel's Guests.There you will find the indoor heated pool, the wonderful relaxing lounge with its precious mosaics, emotional showers, an elegant Turkish bath decorated in a Tunisian style and a wide and comfortable Finnish sauna. Sportsmen will also find an excellent gym, equipped with state-of-the art fitness technology and two massage rooms with music and chrome therapy systems. MEETINGS, CONFERENCES & EVENTS: 7 meeting rooms. Plenary room with 220 seats. Banquet rooms for standing cocktails for up to 350 people. Rooms with parquet and carpeting. 3 Rooms with 6 m ceilings. Exhibition area. Dedicated areas with modular rooms to accommodate any kind of event. Dedicated menus and original decorations based on each type of event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Principi di Piemonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Principi Di Piemonte Turin
- Principi Di Piemonte Hotel