Hotel Victoria
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubspa and swimming pooluseful advicesteam roomspa servicesthe nicest hotelsthe interior courtyardrelaxing staybeautiful hotelbreakfast roomquiet streetpublic roomsboutique hotelcentral locationlobby areahotel dooregyptian museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Very elegant quiet friendly boutique type hotel with smallish but cosy bedrooms - and four poster bed- very pleasant and ample common rooms with antique furniture and coalfire. Quiet and highly convenient location excellent service, good breakfast well equiped spa and swimming pool good value. Only good things to say about the place and hope to go back.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank helloitsmeItaly
Reviewed October 10, 2009

This was one of the nicest hotels I've ever had the pleasure to stay in. What I really liked was that it was a 4 star hotel that didn't nickel and dime you the way hotels in the U.S. do...

Yes, the staff was a little on the snobby side...didn't like that so much. However, the beautiful hotel, the beautiful courtyard where we ate breakfast, and the included breakfast made up for it. The gardens surrounding the hotel are just lovely. And the breakfast buffet was pretty amazing. We stayed here 4 or 5 nights, I don't recall, while my husband visited the university in Turin. The first morning, we served ourselves coffee from the pot that was part of the buffet. But, I thought, this is ITALY...surely we can get a cappuccino with our breakfast. Sure enough, the next morning, all we had to do was ask, and they brought us a cappuccino. I noticed some other guests had figured this out too and had asked and gotten cappuccino instead of the drip coffee in the pot.

I never tried the spa services.

The location is great for walking around the older part of town, to the river....

just a great place. would definitely stay here next time...especially if the university puts us up again. if we had to pay for it ourselves, well, maybe not...not a cheap place.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank Arbeeone
Reviewed May 15, 2009

When you first at the nondescript building, hidden away near the city centre, it does not promise much. But inside it is a really charming place. Nice breakfast room and the spa downstairs is brilliant!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
5  Thank LemonadeJoe
Reviewed November 27, 2008

I was in Torino to attend a trade show. The Hotel Victoria was recommended by friends who live there. After having spent 10 hours on my feet working at the show, it was great to go back to the hotel at night and enjoy the peaceful and cordial atmosphere. It is a lovely hotel in the center of town. Recently renovated (it even has a swimming pool, which is a jem in itself), the rooms are very pleasant and quite and the service was lovely. Only problem, the wireless connection at the hotel was very slow. I am sure they fixed it, by now. I would return anytime.
I also wrote a post in my blog, if anybody is interested to see the full version. Here http://gustiamo.typepad.com/gustiblog/2008/11/alice-waters-was-here.html

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank beatriceughi
Reviewed September 25, 2008

We were offered a junior suite for the price of a standard room and were pleased with the large and tastefully decorated room. However, the bathroom was very strange, as the bathtub had no shower curtains and hence you either had to sit in the bath to take a shower, or wet the entire bathroom floor. The english news channels weren't working in our room, and the front desk couldn't do anything about it and declared it was a "general problem". I asked when this "general problem" might be fixed, and we were finally offered (with pursed lips), a different room. So much for a "general" problem. The staff was unhelpful, didn't bother to smile or say hello to the guests nor did they offer to help with luggage or any other service you would expect at a hotel like this. Don't bother.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)