“Guest experience”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #7 of 130 Hotels in Turin
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during the World Masters Games, August, 2013. Our experience at the hotel was excellent. The staff wwas professional, courteous and considerate. Room cleaning standard was exemplary. Breakfast was brilliant and the staff who supported that service were veritable ambassadors. We give the hotel - its amenities, décor and standard of service - the finest rating.

Phil Cox & Corina Morrison, Indian Wells, California

Room Tip: Any room is great! Be thankful the people who operate this hotel know what they're doing and del...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chairman25

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was a guest of the Hotel Victoria in early August, during the 2013 World Masters Games. I can understand some of the frustration of the reviewer who complained about all of the Australian and U.S. tourists, but the World Masters Games are a very unique event. The games happen only every four years, and Torino effectively and warmly welcomed more than 18,000 athletes from more than 100 countries. The Hotel Victoria had a number of teams of players from Canada and Australia primarily, with other athletes from the U.S. and other countries as well. At times some of them were loud and may have misbehaved, but the atmosphere was generally lively and positive. Every single person on staff at the Hotel Victoria was incredibly thoughtful, patient, and kind. My own experience was that if I tried to speak Italian, the staff responded in Italian. They were also willing and able to speak perfect English to those guests who had no understanding of Italian, and who were in Italy for a short time. The rooms are charming, the pool a delightful place to unwind and cool off after a long day sightseeing, and the location ideal. The breakfast is more than adequate, and I enjoyed my morning cappuchino every day! I was delighted with my experience and highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CutiePie007
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Some important facts for you as you make a hotel decision in Torino:

Hotel Victoria is a VERY well appointed, VERY clean, traditional, older, upscale hotel, with balconies, in one of the more charming cities in the world. These elements are what draw me to certain hotels. That said, this is not one I will run to again.

Why not? Because it’s simply overrun with Canadian and American tourists. The desk staff have no need to speak Italian, so they don’t. They just condescendingly deliver their English language instructions, assuming you are somehow connected to the sea of cretins running about their precious hotel.

The breakfast is a terrific, standard Italian Hotel buffet, but unlike EVERY Italian hotel, they don’t ask if you’d like an espresso or cappuccino, they just put out a pot of American drip coffee. If you ask a waitress, she will make you an espresso, but it has to be your idea…

So, if you want to travel to Italy to stay in a truly nice, comfortable, pretty, classic hotel, with a staff that speaks nothing but perfect English, stay here. If you want an Italian experience, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Fly_With_Kenny
brunachi, Direttore at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your positive review about us.
During the beginning of August we had the World Masters Games and many Canadian and Australian Guests
My colleagues in our reception try to speak English in the most correct way to help Foreign Guests.
I'm sorry if this does not help to try a "Real Italian Experience"
Our staff at the breakfast service, always ask Your favorite hot beverage
Perhaps, for the hard work, these days, there is something missed
We hope that You'll be again our Guest.
Best regards
Chiarle Bruna

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We strongly recommend this hotel. It is well located, ten minutes walk from the historic centre of Turin. The rooms we has were large and well appointed. The price, though not cheap, was reasonable for the quality of hotel, and included an excellent breakfast, access to wifi, and usage of the beautiful indoor swimming pool / spa. The staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful, even lending customers umbrellas on the one morning when it rained.

For a small extra charge, motorists can use a small underground car park/ garage belonging to the hotel.

Our only suggestion would be this. We understand that the swimming pool / spa has to be closed for one day in the week, but it is a pity that it is on a Monday when all the museums are closed too. That would be the day one would most want to use the pool!

All in all, a wonderful experience, and an exceptionally pleasant hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Londoner16
Reviewed July 20, 2013

In spite of the relatively plain aspect of the exterior, this hotel is one of the best in town. A three star hotel until a couple of years ago, it unavoidably became a four star, with obvious consequences on rates. Personnel is polite, prompt, well prepared and always available and friendly; the structure is gorgeous: equipped and decorated with a slightly English style, it has magnificent rooms, well equipped, well designed, quiet and perfectly maintained.
I was there many times over time and I was always satisfied. The central location and a splendid breakfast service complete the frame.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wunderkammer
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I admit it took me some time to find the street and the hotel,but after a beautiful Italian lady had shown me the way,I found myself in a cool and classy lobby.Staff very friendly and helpful.Had a wonderful single room with a balcony on the top floor.Very quiet and private.The bathroom was a dream.
The unforgettable luxury of this hotel is the spa,with a pool,sauna,like a Roman.What more can you ask for after a long travel on a warm afternoon?Breakfast was good,especially when taken in the garden.But it lacked a bit of touch,some more of local products perhaps.But never the less it was very good.
The price of Hotel Victoria is a bit above my budget,stayed there two nights on a special conference offer.But if I got that offer again, I would must certainly stay there on my next visit to Torino. And I recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.My room faced the street,the single rooms with balcony do not face the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank gudrunbach
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, nothing wrong with it at all from my point of view. Great for business or pleasure. Staff very friendly, rooms comfortable with good bathroom, free WiFi, good location. Good public areas, nothing to be faulted

• Stayed: June 2013