“My favorite hotel in Turin”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #8 of 130 Hotels in Turin
Roma
“My favorite hotel in Turin”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

In spite of the relatively plain aspect of the exterior, this hotel is one of the best in town. A three star hotel until a couple of years ago, it unavoidably became a four star, with obvious consequences on rates. Personnel is polite, prompt, well prepared and always available and friendly; the structure is gorgeous: equipped and decorated with a slightly English style, it has magnificent rooms, well equipped, well designed, quiet and perfectly maintained.
I was there many times over time and I was always satisfied. The central location and a splendid breakfast service complete the frame.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Wunderkammer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reykjavík, Iceland
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I admit it took me some time to find the street and the hotel,but after a beautiful Italian lady had shown me the way,I found myself in a cool and classy lobby.Staff very friendly and helpful.Had a wonderful single room with a balcony on the top floor.Very quiet and private.The bathroom was a dream.
The unforgettable luxury of this hotel is the spa,with a pool,sauna,like a Roman.What more can you ask for after a long travel on a warm afternoon?Breakfast was good,especially when taken in the garden.But it lacked a bit of touch,some more of local products perhaps.But never the less it was very good.
The price of Hotel Victoria is a bit above my budget,stayed there two nights on a special conference offer.But if I got that offer again, I would must certainly stay there on my next visit to Torino. And I recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.My room faced the street,the single rooms with balcony do not face the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank gudrunbach
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, nothing wrong with it at all from my point of view. Great for business or pleasure. Staff very friendly, rooms comfortable with good bathroom, free WiFi, good location. Good public areas, nothing to be faulted

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 482EUfan
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights at this excellent hotel. Didnt need to use the car as it is centrally located and you can visit everywhere on foot. The room was very pleasant witha huge balcony. Breakfast was lovely on their quiet outdoor patio, very good choice and good service. Free internet. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly and suggested some good restaurants. Would definitely choose this hotel again as it is also very reasonably priced!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bubble177
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Victoria on our last two nights of a tour through the Piedmonte region. The hotel itself was great..it was in a fantastic location, the rooms were spacious and clean, and the breakfast was delicious. There was also a gorgeous interior courtyard with tables and a nice lounge area after drinks.

However, as a warning to fellow travellers: my very expensive camera was stolen from our rental car not 10 feet outside the hotel door. We had thought that the car was locked and were only intending to be inside for a couple of minutes, but when we returned to collect our luggage the camera was gone. Of course we accept responsibility for our mistake in not locking the car and/or leaving the camera there. But we were expecting the hotel to at least offer an apology that this had happened on their property, an offer to assist with the filing of a police report, directions to the police station, etc. Instead, the reaction we received upon informing the hotel of the theft was a blank stare. After pressing one staff member at the front desk, we were also told that items had been stolen out of rental cars before in the same spot, but the hotel had done nothing to increase security. They did have security cameras, but none facing the area that the car was parked, despite past thefts in that same location.

I am not saying the you shouldn't stay at Hotel Victoria, but the staff there should be aware that a kind word or apology about our bad luck would have gone a long way towards making us feel better about an unfortunate situation and perhaps would make me more inclined to recommend the hotel to friends. It's a shame that we were treated like this, because it is otherwise a lovely property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ds14248
brunachi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We are very sorry that you have suffered a theft in front of our Hotel.
In the past, it happened only once that a theft has occurred while one of our Guests came to check in.
We are, however, in a very central area and very safe
Unfortunately, your car was open and someone took advantage dishonestly
Unlike the United States, our Police does not attend on the site in this type of situation but as suggested by my colleagues you would have to go to the police station to file a report of the robbery.
I hope you and your family will be our Guests again in another trip to Italy
Sincerely

Chiarle Bruna
Siena, Italy
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Simply perfect! The best hotel in !taly. I had been there several times, since more that thirty years: I always found in it just what the best is. Hospitality, confort, aestethics, gusto, friendness, sleeping, breakfast, bar....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nello944
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 24, 2013

On our first visit to Torino (Turin) our primary goals for finding a hotel were that it was in the Center, had character and provided a high level of comfort at a reasonable price. The Hotel Victoria exceeded our expectations in each way. The air conditioned room was well decorated and had a canopy bed and a decent sized bathroom with a tub shower. Housekeeping was prompt and efficient and conducted an evening Turn Down service. Internet access was free. The historic parts of Turin, great restaurants and bars, shopping and museums are all within easy walking distance. The breakfast buffet included scrambled eggs and bacon along with the typical fare. The Front Desk Staff spoke English, was cordial and helpful. There is offsite underground parking, at a daily rate, only a short two blocks away. Finding the hotel can be mildly challenging if you are driving and don't have GPS. This hotel contributed to our enjoyment of a three day stay in Turin and will be a first choice on any return visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple