Grand Hotel Sitea
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
1,686 results
All reviewsamerican bardeluxe double roomreading roomsmall gardenelegant hotelegyptian museumwithin walking distancepedestrian streetold worldbreakfast buffet was excellentpublic roomswalk in closetrain showerold stylepastriespiazza san carloexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 24, 2013

After the Olympic Games more 5 stars hotel rose in Turin. Either you go for modern style, pretentious Principe di Piemonte or Golden Palace or select the Sitea, that has a long tradition in first class/luxury segment. This is a very fine 5 stars, with classic and yet fresh, lively decor (suitable also for <40 years old guests -provided they enjoy classics).
POSITIVE: Location -easy to reach by car, with 5 car parks options, walking distance to main attraction. Decor -classic but not heavy; special mention to the flower vases and Christmas decorations. Room -large, cosy, raffinated, romantic under-roof; with dressing area. Breakfast: large variety of options, with table service as well and seating in several elegant rooms. Living room options -there are several fine rooms that make this hotel specifically pleasant for hours of rest and get together in a warm environment.
Service -staff was kind and positive in all departments.
NEGATIVE: probably the bath was large but strangely designed -cotton curtain for the shower.
CONCLUSION: I definitely elected this hotel as my first option in Turin, no doubt whatsoever. Value is the key word, here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
direttoresitea, General Manager at Grand Hotel Sitea, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, I was scared reading so many details you wrote down ;-) but I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay and we are proud to be your first option in Turin.

Cordially

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel is a splendid place to stay in Turin. It's located on a pedestrian street close to the center of the city. Our room was spacious, comfortable, attractively appointed, and equiped with up-to-date conveniences (large-screen TV, computer hook-ups, WiFi). The room was kept spotlessly clean during our stay. The staff at the front desk were efficient, friendly and always ready to give helpful advice and directions to cites around ther city. The breakfast was superb, and we enjoyed having the opportunity to eat in the courtyard watching the hotel's family of pet turtles scuttling about on the grass and beneath the shrubbery.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rainelle T
direttoresitea, General Manager at Grand Hotel Sitea, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you come back soon... our turtles are waiting for you ;-)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The service, the room, the food, the location.....
What can I say, it was outstanding. Starting with the free bottle of water every day at the night stand to the patient explanations by the staff about how to get to were we wanted to go and the very complete breakfast (want a latte, esspreso, restretto?
Unlike most European hotel located in downtown, this one had ample elevators.

Room Tip: Go for the higher rooms to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Your words sound so good to me :)

Thank you very much and come back soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My recent stay at the Grand Hotel Sitea was very positive. The staff, especially, was friendly, knowledgeable and always ready to help. As has been mentioned in other reviews, the hotel is frequented by English-speaking guests, but there were plenty of Italians there, too. The guest profile was varied: business travelers, couples, families. The front desk knew how to handle them all. I guess I'm making a point about the staff because, when in a foreign country, no matter what your language skills, it's always nice to be understood in your native tongue.
I asked the concierge what guidebook they prefer to use for restaurant recommendations...her response was: "We rely on the reviews of our clients". That's what I call 'local knowledge'. The staff never missed the mark when sending us to a restaurant.
The rooms were decorated in a classical style, not large by American standards, but that's to be expected in Europe. The bathroom had a combination shower-tub which also could be used as a whirlpool; (my wife approved). Hot water was always available and plentiful.
Breakfast (included) was buffet style and had something for everyone. We always had several courses: cereal, then a croissant, then eggs, then Prosecco with our orange juice to finish the meal. Needless to say, we didn't need to visit a café until lunchtime.
Torino is not the gray industrial city that everyone warned us about. The Centro Storico (historic center) is charming and elegant, and we were always treated well by the locals. One caution: if you go to EATALY, you will indeed encounter a gray industrial area. In retrospect, I think we could have skipped it. However, the subway (to get there) was spotlessly clean and very safe.

1  Thank ParisLoverUsa
direttoresitea, General Manager at Grand Hotel Sitea, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, I'm really happy that you enjoyed the "Sitea".

Our Staff is really great, they always try to give their best to every Guest.

We care a lot about our Buffet Breakfast service and it's so nice to see that our Guests appreciate our efforts ;-)

Turin has changed a lot in the last 10 years and now we proudly say that Turin is the most stunning town in Italy :)

See you soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed five days, location was excellent, rooms, beds very comfortable, service good. Breakfast was excellent in a beautiful dining room Bar apperativo was very nice. Only negative for me was no public area computer/ internet access, or concierge service, but overall outstanding experience

Room Tip: my room was in back, no view but quiet which is more important to me
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
direttoresitea, General Manager at Grand Hotel Sitea, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, I'm really happy that you enjoyed you stay.

Regarding the public area/computer, I'm really sorry, but we are working to improve our Wi-Fi system e we are changing the computer in our Internet point. Wi-Fi is free for our Clients but we want to give you a very good service.

Cordially