1,013 results
All reviews train station porta nuova station great location corso vittorio emanuele nice hotel room was large standard room nice size street side per day buffet breakfast rooms are clean short stay three nights inner courtyard fresh fruit air conditioning
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2019

Having never visited Torino before, we needed a hotel that was convenient to the Porta Nuova train station, restaurants, the Egyptian Museum and the Teatro Colosseo . We took the train from Rome, so this hotel had the perfect location. It was less than a 5 minute walk to the station. Everything else we needed was within an easy walk. The rooms were a nice size (by European standards) and very clean. We are not huge breakfast folks, but there was a nice selection of foods. Be sure to buy the breakfast at the hotel desk the night before... it is much cheaper. For the price, this is a great choice... The bed was very comfortable... We even had a balcony...

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Cecilia G, Direttore at Best Western Hotel Genio, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Location is perfect.
Breakfast and the staff is perfect.
Service perfect.
Rooms just right, dated but clean.
Quiet room (not on the street side).
Frontdesk perfect.
Wifi perfect.

Just book it you will be fine:-)

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank auntiesituation
Cecilia G, Direttore at Best Western Hotel Genio, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2019

Reviewed March 19, 2019

The Genio is an older hotel with certainly a lot of history behind it. Its location near Porta Nuova is very convenient.

I had a very large room (#234) with about 4 m high ceiling. However, the bed was quite uncomfortable for me as the mattress was very hard - too hard for the average guest I would think. Another colleague said the same. I felt it in my back every morning. Not compatible for sleeping on the side.
Unfortunately the WiFi signal in my room was very weak - very low available bandwidth as well as frequent connection dropouts. Webpages would sometimes not open or take ages. Watching movies or streaming not possible. It was hard for me to work under these conditions so this is certainly another point to improve.
Another detail: plastics cups for tea and instant coffee in the room are a no-go for me.

Room was quiet as it was facing the inner courtyard (no traffic noise). Not much to hear from guests next to me but the ceiling seemed to be somewhat clairaudient (frequent noise from moving chairs around or so).
The veranda connected to my room was not taken care of very well and looked a little bit like an abandoned place.

The breakfast in the hotel was good with quite some variety of food. I just did not like the scambled eggs - too soft and squishy for me. A bit more fresh fruit would be nice, too.

Overall it was a good stay at reduced comfort regarding bed and WiFi for me (3 out of 5). Maybe the hotel can use my feedback to improve for future guests.

Date of stay: March 2019
Cecilia G, Direttore at Best Western Hotel Genio, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Thank you Optimus for your feedback: it is very helpful for us.
We immediately check the mattress in your room.
It is strange that during your stay the wi-fi was not fast 100%, if we were informed we could check immediately to avoid the inconvenience.
We are going to replace plastic cups, in order to reduce plastic consumption.
We hope to have you again in our hotel.
Best regards.

Reviewed March 4, 2019

Great hotel in convenient location close to Porta Nuova station. Staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. My room was comfortable and spotlessly clean and it was also very quiet so I slept well. Highly recommended!

Room tip: Interior rooms are nice and quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Cecilia G, Direttore at Best Western Hotel Genio, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Reviewed January 8, 2019

Very good hotel located next to the main railway station and really close to the center (museums, San Carlos square, shopping streets, ...). By public transportation, really easy to get to all sights (Cinema museum and Via Po by bus (61), Piazza Castello or Flea Market (Balon) by tram, Lingotto by Metro). Easy to reach the international buses station, Flixbus (five stops by tram), Our room was large with a perfectly equipped bathroom. Breakfast was very good (excellent value). Close to Cafe Platti on foot.

Room tip: Choose a room on the backyard (quieter), Room 302 is excellent (two windows with a lot of light). We had a discount for the breakfast.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Cecilia G, Direttore at Best Western Hotel Genio, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2019