“Perfectly acceptable”

Best Western Hotel Genio
Ranked #23 of 130 Hotels in Turin
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Reasonable hotel with friendly staff, Good breakfasts, Beds as hard as concrete so sleep was not great, but in a great location for all of the city's attractions. Would try something else if visiting Turin again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Duncan H

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Good stay and location in the middle of the city. The staff was helpful but seemed a bit overloaded with work, didn't really have the time or cared about providing a personalized service. Free parking is available a couple of minutes walking distance from the hotel. We had a good stay, but better offers are certainly available for a similar price.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel is very well located. We used the airport bus, which stops on the same road, just the other side of the station, so it is convenient. We stayed in a "superior" room, which means it has been updated, nothing else. I was also told it was bigger than a standard room, in which case a standard room must be pretty small. The room was clean and everything worked well. I'm not sure what the street noise is like if you are in a room facing the road, the ones at the back look over a courtyard at the back of other properties and workmen seemed to arrive early every morning and functioned better than my alarm at waking me up! Breakfast was not very exciting and by the third morning, it was positively boring. The breakfast staff and cleaners were all very friendly but the majority of the reception staff were rather arrogant. We paid 150 Euros for a twin room, and I felt that this was not good value for a 3 star hotel. The stay was ok, but I won't rush back to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank London1915
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed there for one night. It is very close to the train station and walking distance from all the main attractions in Torino. The breakfast is very generous. I went in high season and paid $70 for a room. A super steal.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the World Masters Games, along with many other competitors. The hotel was fully booked. The staff could not have been more helpful and tolerant. The hotel is in a very good position, right next to Puorta Nova station, and the surrounding district was great for eating.
Initially we were given a smoker's room and as non-smokers the smell was awful. However, we were moved with little effort, to the renovated part of the hotel which has excellent facilities.
The breakfast was excellent.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms. Also make sure you specify non-smoking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night after leaving my apartment rental. It was perfect for what I needed. Clean, quiet, free wifi, lift and English speaking staff. My room was ready at 11am, which I was very grateful for. The A/C worked and the room was plenty for one night. I would stay here again if I was in Torino. It is right next to the main train station, but its not a scummy or noisy spot.
The only odd thing (for me being Canadian), the hot tub was 7 euro and was only available 5-8pm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel location is excellent, near to Porta Nuova station, you can walk from the station to the hotel with no difficulties. The room is very clean and big. I was actually surprised (in a good way for sure!) with the room size and also the bathroom. The breakfast is excellent, a lot of things, you can eat a lot!!! The staff was attentive. They explained carefully to us how to get to Juventus stadium by bus. They allowed us to make the check-out and keep our luggage in the hotel until we leave to the station.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple