“Simply perfect! Good service, delicious cuisine and the best location. R u looking for something else?”
Review of Basso30 - CLOSED

Basso30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Description: In the heart of the Turin' fashion district, quadrilatero Romano, in a historic nineteenth-century palace, you will discover Basso30.A good place to drink an aperitif eating specialties of finger food, to enjoy a traditional and innovative dinner but first of all to spend a pleasant evening.Basso30 will welcome you in its lounge and family atmosphere and in his gazebo in one of the most famous pedestrian streets of Turin.A menu that respects the Italian land and the food seasonality in the name of research of taste and freshness of the ingredients.Basso 30 will bring you through the flavors of our land, from meat to fish, from homemade pasta to sweets.
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was at Basso 30 in August, 2011. To start with, i travelled with my friend and we stayed in Turin for a couple of days. It should be mentioned that we were in Italy for the third time, and we did not look like (at least i hope so:))) crazy tourists who praise the most terrible pizza just because it's made in Italy. We have already tried a lot of dishes and this time expected something really tasty ...
In Basso the evening started well, simply because we as usual were prepairing for a long time, came to Basso too late, and I, being hungry and mad, didn`t hope that would find a free table. The smiling waitress (which is a rarity by the way! Because it was friday, Basso was full and waitresses should work a lot at such days… ) found a table for us, took us to it and promised to turn back in a few minutes and take our order. For the first courses we chose spaghetti with tomato and agnelotti with meat. It was really tasty ... Actually I love when those simple dishes like spaghetti are prepared so, that they seem something unusual, delicious ... And must admit i was satisfied…About agnelotti unfortunately i can`t say anything ... A friend swallowed them so quickly that I did not even have time to pick up a couple from her plate :))) I do love meat, and i can satisfy my hunger only with meat…Therefore, my second plate was the pan with the meat and potatoes. And for friend - salmon with vegetables. In addition, a plate of cheese and wine. Most of all, I did not expect that the cooks prepare everything so quickly and well-done!!! In Kiev it`s impossible to find such a service…sometimes on Fridays u can wait only for menu 20-25 min, then go and take it by yourself… As i have already told I am a connoisseur of meat, but it was really something special... The soft, juicy, as we say in Ukraine - you can eat it with your lips. But nevertheless I was sad. Because salmon of my friend (this time i managed to try it :))) was so slightly roasted, of ideal freshness ...and also beautiful! I can`t eat when i look on something and it`s not attractive. It can be fantastic, but if it`s not beautiful i won`t try… And the salmon was like a picture ... But we are girls and real girls can`t finish their evening without sweet…as i have read in one restaurant – if u say that u don`t like sweet – u r not a real woman…o u r liar)))…but we are real womеn and not liars))) So we were advised mousse. Of course, it`s really plate for summer! Absolutely not heavy! To eat torts on summer heat would be like to swallow a couple of bricks! But berry mousse is really something ... Wine was good. Frankly, I think that you should try hard to find a bad wine at Basso ...and u won`t manage… Service is excellent, the waiters are friendly, smiling, in a great mood. The cooks prepare quickly and mega tasty. I wanna have such a cook at home on my kitchen :))) .... and location of the restaurant is very comfortable, after all the goodies it`s nice to make a walk on evening city. By the way, the cocktail menu is rather big! Perfect place for dinner, and for a great drink before going to crazy party)))

Reviewed September 18, 2011

The terrace of Basso30 is a great place for watching people and enjoying a warm late summer evening. The staff is nice. The food we got - veal bocconcini and braised veal cutlet - was very uninspired. The meat of the bocconcini was too dry and the braised veal cutlet was humongous but served as good as raw. Not an adress I would return to.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

Based on some existing reviews, we decided to go to the Basso30 tonight. We visited the restaurant at 6.30pm to book a table. The waitress was very friendly while taking up the reservation. A good start for a good evening.

We showed up at the right time and our table was ready. The friendly waiters were always attentive and did a really good job.

I started with cured meat from the region. I got a nice and big portion of crudo, lardo and salumi which was nice. Maybe a bit too big while thinking of the next two courses. My wife chose the tatar which was also very delicious.

As a primi I had the vegetable lasagne which was made with fresh paprika, zucchini, aspargus and aubergine. For my taste a little too much of salt but beside that very delicious. My wife enjoyed a plate of Tagliolini al limone e ricotta salata which was also very good.

My secondo was the Tagliata di vitello garronese alla provenzale, a fine beef steak with herbes. It was perfectly cooked "a point" and served with roasted potatoes.

The menu was accompanied with a good glass of Nebbiolo. A good choice.

Ok, there were some flower sellers, musicians and beggars around, but that's something the restaurant can't really control.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

This restaurant is in a great location with good food. We had excellent service at a very fair price. Personally I like southern Italian cuisine more than the traditional northern Italian dishes but overall this was a good dining experience. The wine was good and priced well. We decided to try the restaurant directly across the courtyard on our last night. IT WAS GOD AWFUL (with horrible service) and we thought several times about just getting up to move across the courtyard to Basso 30.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

Cannot understand the rave reviews. Food was very ordinary and limited wine selection. Itinerant flower sellers kept interrupting the evening. Not good value.