“Best Restaurant in Torino!”

Ristorante Solferino
Reserve with
Ristorante Solferino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 3,694 Restaurants in Turin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Description: For over fifty years in the historic center of Turin Ristorante Solferino is ideal to have a nice meal in one of the most beautiful squares in Turin and at the center of the major sites of interest turistico.Tipicita and tradition , but not only ...
“Best Restaurant in Torino!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had the most amazing time at this place! It was truly the Perfect meal! The service was more than amazing, and the food was even better! I had a good expirence that will stay with me throught life! Top Quality!

2 Thank Yousefam

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Antwerp, Belgium
“Delightful”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I ate here last evening. Within a few minutes of being seated, we knew that we were going to enjoy our dinner at Solferino. We were the only people in the restaurant not speaking Italian, which is always a good sign.
I ordered what would be steak tartare in English. It was amazing to say the least. The meat was chopped, not ground, and prepared tableside without fanfare. The presentation was lovely and the taste divine. My husband had vitello tonnato, which he said was the best he's ever eaten.
We skipped the pasta course, knowing that we would probably have dessert. I ordered the veal (vitello) Marsala. It was also lovely. My husband had a piece of swordfish that should have fed 2 people, on a bed of salad with balsamic vinegar drizzled over the top.
The wine list was quite good and reasonably priced.
For dessert, I ordered sorbet - lemon and peach, and my husband had mixed fresh berries. The perfect ending to our meal.
We can't wait to return.

1 Thank Joan_in_Belgium
Istanbul, Turkey
“As expected”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Restaurant Solferino is located at a beautiful 'piazza' with the same name, which of course adds to the attraction. The service was good, but not exceptional. Maybe it was just that evening - it happens. Nothing to complain about. The food was good, to the level of expectation, nothing special. The wine recommendation was kind, but we felt the choice was a bit too strong for our dishes. Again, no complaints, but nothing to rave about either. Anyway, we would still recommend it, considering also many other visitors have enjoyed their evenings there.

Maryland
“Lovely piazza and lovelier food!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Solverino was one of our concierge's recommendations. It was one of our most memorable dining experiences of our 2 week visit in northern Italy. The breads, risottos, carpaccio, agnolotti, seafood, was all beautifully presented and deliciously prepared. Reasonable local wine selections. The complimentary orangecello was a marvelous touch, as well as the dainty cookies accompanying the cafe.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Springtraveler06
Canberra, Australia
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This restaurant was very good - and yet also good value for money. Hard to say which was best: the food or the service - but both were top class.

I had the black truffle risotto. The use of truffle was generous, especially for the price, and the end result was sublime. But my beloved was even happier with her swordfish steak with balsamic vinegar.

Give it a go - we're headed back there tomorrow night ...

Visited July 2013