“Best Meal I Ever Had in Italy”

Ristorante Solferino
Reserve with
Ristorante Solferino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 3,585 Restaurants in Turin
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centro
Description: For over fifty years in the historic center of Turin Ristorante Solferino is ideal to have a nice meal in one of the most beautiful squares in Turin and at the center of the major sites of interest turistico.Tipicita and tradition , but not only ...
New York City, New York
“Best Meal I Ever Had in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were booked into another highly-recommended restaurant in Turin, but our concierge recommended that we try this one instead - and boy were we glad that we did. The amazing food, the atmosphere, and the most-charming waiter made this into a very memorable experience.

We both started with light-as-air fried white anchovies that just melted in the mouth. I can't believe I ate the whole plate of them.

Then I had THE BEST GNOCCHI EVER. The gnocchi were tender and light and slightly sweet, They were topped with a Castelmagnao cheese sauce that added a light-but-complex flavor profile that was both sweet and slightly bitter and absolutely delicious. It was a large plate of pasta that thought I could never finish, but I managed quite ably since it was THE BEST GNOCCHI EVER. Herr Kramer has pasta with a rabbit ragut.

Then I had the braised rabbit in a lovey gravy with artichokes in it. Equally amazing. Herr Kramer had the pork medallions topped with copious amounts of shaved Castelmagno cheese. His dessert was chestnut ice cream with honey.Mine was a chocolate tart paired with a chocolate-coffee-amaretto flan. Our super-friendly waiter gave us a Sicilian liquoer made from Prickly Pear cactus

It sure seemed like a very good-looking crowd, too. I think because the lighting was so good and everyone had a smile on their face because the food was so awesome.

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona, Spain
“The best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a wonderful restaurant that pulls together all your expectations of fine Italian food, great wines, warm service and great seasonal selections. Whether it is the asparagus in April, white truffles in October or the veal shank any time, Solferino will not disappoint.

Kent, UK
“Just wrong. If you like good food, try elsewhere.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We only had 2 days in Turin and having tried other restaurants wanted to reserve somewhere really special for our last night...Huge mistake!
I should have known really when ( admittedly on a Monday night) we were ushered past the open and empty dining room, into a side room which was overheated and full of other English diners. Disappointing. The waiters were charming and helpful but they couldn't make up for the pedestrian flavourless food. The beef strips in red wine looked like something you'd find under a cottage pie, and my veal chop was ok but plain and uninteresting. The wine was excellent, but at around 40 Euros a head for 2 courses and a bottle of red, this was the most overpriced meal we had in Turin. We gave up on the puddings - which I gather came round on a trolley - and got out of there. This place seems to be geared up for unadventurous English speaking diners who are scared of venturing into more authentic Italian restaurants and who feel comfortable with familiar items such as trolleys menus in English. Sorry, but we ate tastier food in a roadside pizza place up the road, and for half the price.

1 Thank ukpam
Adelaide, Australia
“Homelike feel but highly quality cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was nervous because I chose this restaurant for my husband's 55th birthday just from an internet search. I was a bit reassured when the receptionist at Residence Sacchi was enthusiastic but could not have guessed how perfect this restaurant would be for that occasion. I wanted a restaurant with excellent food but one in which we would feel relaxed and comfortable. We got just that. The service was attentive but not intrusive, the food reflected tradition and was of a high standard, and we enjoyed the ambience very much. Our booking, made over the internet from Australia, went without a hitch. In fact everything seemed to go smoothly.

cincinnati
“charming, tasty, low prices, authentic, friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a wonderful restaurant to experience Piedmontese cuisine in a very friendly atmosphere (we were made to feel like one of the family). They clearly love their food and want their guests to love it also, and indeed we did. Very generous and very very tasty. opens for cena/supper at 730 pm.