“Chocolate Heaven”

Neighborhood: Centro
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Chocolate Heaven”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Saw "Italy Unpacked" with Giorgio Locatelli when they visited Guido Gobino's shop in Turin and just had to go there! It was my husband's birthday and we went for a tasting - divine, sublime, what more can I say? Don't listen to the reviews about cost - even if it was doble it would still be worth it!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Hampshiretraveller59

“Chocolate, as it should be.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

What a great place for chocolate gourmets.

Elegant, clean, grow-up flavours with range. The gianduiotti with coarse sea salt and extra virgin olive oil are my favourites.By miles. (And I usually prefer 75-80% with chillies.)

If you like to eat huge amounts of Gianduiotti Perugina, Cadbury's Dairy Milk or Ghirardelli whatevers, try any of Guido Gobino's range: it will be a beautiful revelation. And if you know anyone who says "I know what I like and I like what I know", bring them along - and broaden their horizons. They will thank you for it.

Great flavours. Couldn't be happier to have tasted those amazing chocolates.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank coffeebean11
phinneasbec
“Decadent”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to Guido Gobino - last time I tasted an assortment of chocolates & this time I ponied up 5Euro for a Bicerin. (Bicerin is a Torino classic: espresso, chocolate & cream.) Despite being accustomed to paying 1Euro for superb espresso shots, I found Gobino's bicerin worth every cent. The room in the back was comfortable and the service was friendly, and even elegant. Though I didn't think I'd want additional chocolate after the Bicerin, the two pieces served with the drink had me wishing I had more time to stay and buy out the place. Good thing I didn't have the time to linger. I've only had a few Bicerin, but I cannot imagine anyone making it better (perhaps as good, but not better).

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank phinneasbec
Fossano, Italy
“Best Gelato In Torino!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Amazing artisanal gelato, made for them by someone else but incredibly rich and tasty. You can order simple base flavors and then add on Gobino's specialty chocolates and toppings to them. The staff was nice and not too stuffy. Highly recommend the ice cream!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank winesavi
Klaipeda, Lithuania
“extraordinary quality that enchants and seduces you”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Seriously the best gianduja i have tried!!!! Not only because its in Torino, but because the chocolatier seeks to innovate and does a lot of research on the taste and properties of ingredients, which play the biggest role in his masterpieces.
Dark chocolates of 70% from Java or 75% from Trinidad.
His famous and indeed a golden 'Cremino al sale' - Praline with salt and extra viergine olive oil - to die for...
not mentioning his ganache's - Barollo china to, orange and eucalyptus or lemon and clove - favorites!
And even his macaroons are exceptional The biggest surprise was for Rose macaroon, which had a very equilibrated acidity needed and then beurre sale and caramel macaroon -bravo!

• Visited May 2012