“A must go to in Turin”

OSTERIA PORTA DI PO
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My partner is from Turin and whenever we are in town we take a visit to this restaurant.
The food is of a consistently high standard, the staff friendly and efficient and it's good value for the quality of food. Turin can be a tricky city to find a decent restaurant with a nice atmosphere. This ticks both boxes and is definitely worth a visit, despite it being on one of the main squares, it's not a tourist trap. If you are a dessert person, I highly recommend the home made profiteroles that come with freshly made hot chocolate sauce to pour over them..!

1  Thank janieprice

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We visited Turin in May and had an excellent dinner with Antonio and his team. We returned to Turin in September and had lunch and dinner at this excellent osteria. Antonio with his elegant Hampstead accent made us welcome as usual and the chef and his team lived up to our memories of our May visit. I hope to visit Turin again during February or March next year I hope that the Osteria Porta di Po will be open.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This restaurant offers a great taste of Piedmontese food. Went there on our last night in Turin and were very pleased with the overall experience. The restaurant is on Piazza Vittorio Veneto, which is a great place for people watching, the service was very nice and the chef was very attentive to our needs.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

For a true taste of northern Italian, I highly recommend this spot. Great food with very well done presentation. Everything was right on and with a wine list that represented the region very well.
I had an octopus starter that was amazing. Wine prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was expecting an Osteria-like restaurant, but this restaurant lacked a bit of authenticity in my opinion. The restaurant aims at exquisite dining, but is not really successful in its attemps. I found the menu-card extremely limited in choice, not very tempting, which made me chosing for the menu of the day.
The coniglio antipasto was excellent. A promising start, but the ravioli was a bit disappointing as primo piatto. Not bad, but nothing exciting at all. The maiale di latte was OK as secondo piatto, but once again nothing special. The desert was excellent.
My wife did not go for the menu (€43). Too much. She took an insalata di pulpo. Quite nice. The bacala as main dish was however a big disappointment: this was clearly not day-fresh fish and should be avoided on a menu card if you aim at high quality dining.
All in all, we did not have a bad dining experience, but were expecting a lot more, certainly for a bil of aprox. € 100!