See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

A charming and really comfortable hotel. Just near the Railway Station. Usually hotel have a wonderful reception bit rooms are not so cared. For Hotel Excelsior it is exactly the opposite: gentle Receptionists and wonderful rooms!!! Good breakfast.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel one night and it suited us fine. We didn't have reservation so we didn't know what to expect. Room was clean, furniture old but all was in good working order. There was considerable noise from traffic and trains so good earplugs came in handy. Breakfast was standard affair nothing spectacular but sufficient.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

My husband reserved the room for 3 nights 2 weeks before coming, he also asked for a bed for baby (we traveled with 11 months baby). When we (my husband, little son and I) came to reception for checking in, the boy from reception asked us to give the passports of everybody who was supposed to live in the room. My husband gave his ID, but I had just a copy of my passport (actually the original i gave to the embassy for the visa). After 50 minutes of waiting and sending the copies of my documents, this boy from the reception refused us to give the room, because I don't have the original of my passport with me. Actually he was ready to let my husband and baby to stay in the hotel, but not to me! Incredible that in the modern civil country, in not bad hotel (according to the comments here) somebody can refuse staying in the hotel to a family with a little baby or to propose to separate the baby and mother just because u do not have the original of the passport (there are a lot of other ways to identify the personality). Fortunately there were the places in the hotel not far for 2 nights, after we had to change hotel because for the third night it was sold out. So... the result of our trip to Pavia - stress for us and baby, huge disappointment of the service of Hotel EXcelsior, lost money for one night (first night in this hotel have been already paid). Highly unrecommended!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank sovva25
Reviewed May 18, 2017

On arrival, the young man at reception was confused about our booking. It seems that we were expected the next night despite our vouchers. He found me a smallish room on the first floor, overcrowded with three single beds. The furnishings were tired, the wall paper was starting to peel from the walls, the toilet would not flush properly, there was an excessively long wait for hot water in the small shower, controlled by an antiquated faucet. On a very warm evening I could find no controller for the airconditioner. I had to plead for one at reception. Eventually a box of them were found in a back office, and at last one for my room was found. The night manager then hunted for live batteries. Next day my bags were moved to a tiny single about room, the size of a small caravan, barely room for a single bed, no room to swing a cat! The bathroom was tiny too, with no shoulder or knee room for the toilet or in the shower. Not really suitable for the overly large or claustrophobic. Breakfast was frugal, certainly not three star that this hotel claims. The wifi was somewhat difficult to access and very slow. My four friends fared little better.

Room tip: Check your room before you accept it! Avoid rooms facing the square or side street if you like to sleep with the window open.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2017

Beautiful hotel close to the train station. The rooms are beautiful, quiet, luxurious. I would give this hotel 6 stars if they existed. Service was friendly and the staff was very attentive. I left my credit card at the restaurant that the concierge recommended and hadn't noticed till I got a call from the concierge saying they had my credit card. The restaurant had called them and sent it over by taxi. Amazing service. Congratulations all around

Room tip: Add breakfast as it was a great buffet
Date of stay: April 2017