“Ice cream is excellent, although service is not”
Review of Gelateria Cesare

Gelateria Cesare
Ranked #4 of 36 Dessert in Pavia
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

I was here during an evening and there was nobody inside. Nobody. Me and my girlfriend had to wait for 25 minutes before the waiter came to us to get the order. I know a bit Italian and the owner was simply talking to the waiter about their affairs... Disappointing. Luckily the ice cream was great, that why I gave 3 stars.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (748)

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

I've tried quite a few gelato places in Pavia and I gotta say Cesare is the best one yet. There are quite a few other places which offer great and different flavors, but if you're in Pavia for just a day this is the place to go!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

I went with my friends and ordered an ice cream. The ice cream costs a little expensive but allows you to take three flavors. The quantity is good for the price and the taste is very good! I recommend!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed July 11, 2017

Gelateria Cesare is a historical ice cream shop in Pavia, the ice creams are delicius and in the winter they offer a very good hot chocolate with whipped cream and/or zabaglione... lovely!
The only drawback is that it is a very little place with few chairs... but id definitively deserves a try!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed December 8, 2016 via mobile

Best hot chocolate cup with whipped cream ever tried. Thick, with great texture and balanced sweetness (Choco being on the dark Choco side).
Pure retrô ambient straight from the... Fifties? Sixties?
Despite being overcrowded, the service was remarkably quick.
Wish I could try more ice cream items, but I had to turn my table over, certainly with some regret.
Will definitely go back.