“Best meal I had in Milan”
Review of Langosteria

Langosteria
Ranked #495 of 9,371 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Zone 6
Reviewed May 24, 2016

I actually went to Langosteria Bistrot, on Via Privata Bobbio, 2, 20144 Milano. I was told the Bistrot is run by the same proprietor and the menus are pretty much the same. I stopped into the Bistrot at lunch time, having heard the restaurant's reputation and Langosteria was only open for dinner. I ordered clams with linguini and was not disappointed. The dish had a lovely presentation and it was hands down, the best meal I had during my five day stay in Milan. The wait staff was professional and friendly. Langosteria Bistrot is a wonderful alternative to Langosteria only open for dinner, sacrificing nothing. I highly recommend a meal here if you like your seafood and Italian dishes.

Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

Langosteria is one of the the best restaurants in Milan. Elegant place, amazing food and friendly staff. There is different dishes, delicious starters and amazing desserts. The service was very good.

Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

Our reservation was made months ago thru our travel agent who had The Four Seasons make it for him. When we arrived, we were escorted to the very back of the restaurant in what appeared to be a bar. It was where they were shucking the oysters and preparing cold seafood platters. Upon being seated, the music was quite loud. My wife asked them to turn it down, and they obliged, but told us it could go no lower since it is 1 control for the whole restaurant, and the music must be on.
We then split their orechetti which was one of their signature dishes. As we are not large eaters, we have split a pasta every night if it was not our main course. This was the only restaurant that did not deliver it split. They brought the single portion and 2 plates. We asked them to split it and they obliged. The fish main course ( 1 Dover sole and 1 tuna) was good but nothing special. When it was time for desert, they had a a dish with pastry and wild strawberries on the menu so my wife asked for just a dish of wild strawberries as she has at many other restaurants. They brought a cup of berries that had black berries, blue berries, and raspberries. When she said she asked for wild strawberries, the waiter tried to insist that this was them. She told him to take them away. He later came back with a cup of wild strawberries that had mold on them that she picked thru. At 15 euros a cup, this is not acceptable.
There is an extensive wine list but we are not wine snobs, unlike the obnoxious man who sat next to us who also made the meal less than stellar bragging about his many travels and all the fine wines he has had. This was no fault of the restaurant.

We would not go back as there are just too many other good restaurants in Milan.

Reviewed May 9, 2016

I recommend to booking table via internet not less 1 week.
Personal is very friendly. All meal are fresh and delicious.
Oysters was fresh and beatyful.

Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for great seafood and fish in Milano, look no further! Langosteria has an extensive offer of both of them! We were quite a large group and decided to share most of the dishes so I had the opportunity to taste most of them. Every single dish was exquisite. Not only the quality of the products but also the preparation and presentation. Wine list is also totally in accordance with the food. As for the restaurant itself, it is nice and traditional. The restaurant is split in several rooms and I would recommend the last one when booking.