“The average place” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bussarakham

Bussarakham
Reserve with
Bussarakham is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #463 of 8,030 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Navigli
“The average place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place has the thai food, the menu is poor and the prices are quite high. The really good thing is atmosthere and the location-right near Navigli. But you can find better thai food in Milan if you want.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ovk2013

Ukiah, California
“It s not thai food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

It s not thai food. I been traval a lots. I really like thai and asian food. It s make me disappointment. The food too much salt and oil. I guess this restaurant organise by chainese.

Visited October 2011
4 Thank dejsiri
Venice, Italy
“Thailand in Milan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

The Thai restaurant I normally frequent in Milan went out of business so I was forced to research another one. I found this "gem" (Bussarakham in Thai is the gem stone Topaz) of a restaurant and was completely delighted with every aspect of our dining experience. The decor brings one in into another world, Thailand, and is tastefully done with mostly imported furniture, statues, wood carvings original from the country. The wait staff was comprised mostly of Thai women in traditional dress and all were very attentive throughout the meal.

I wasn't expecting much from the food as I have always felt that the flavors of Thai cuisine where often hidden by over powering chili peppers. Not the case at Bussarakham. We enjoyed everything we ordered. Our starters was the house mixed antipasto comprised of traditional Thai offerings which was served with four sauces on te side (peanut, chili, pineapple, and mango). For my main dish, I had the fried duck breast served in a mango sauce while my colleague had the duck in a red curry coconut milk sauce with pineapples. Both exellent. As a side dish, I recommend the sauteed eggplant with bacon! Emmmm! Dessert was a mixed offfering of Thai sweets which included tapioca, banana, tofu and another that I was unable to identify. All good. We both closed this wonderful dining experience with a glass of Thai whiskey.

Check out the clean and beautifully decorated restrooms. You'll think that you are entereing an upscale Thai Spa! I highly recommed this restaurant.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Mirto56
Milan, Italy
“Great atmosphere, very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

The main reason to go here is the atmosphere - it's the most beautifully decorated/designed Thai restaurant I've ever seen! There's a huge attention to detail in every aspect, even including the bathroom. It's fun just to go and feel yourself in a world that is so completely different from normal Milan.
The food is quite good, not the best Thai I've ever had, but very enjoyable. We had the mixed appetizer plate, a shrimp soup, and a green curry, and it was all very good. I'm not in a position to judge how authentic it really is, but having eaten in many Thai restaurants in my life, I'd guess it's more authentic than not. The only drawback, as others have remarked, is that it is not particularly cheap. I enjoyed my meal here as part of an overall experience - good food, attentive service, wonderful atmosphere - and suggest that you do the same. It's not a place for when you're trying to pinch pennies, but a great place for when you need a break from workaday Milan.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank LocalFoodie88
Milan, Italy
“not a thai pro, but kind and rightly priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

restaurant is huge, furniture is coherent, faces are smiling and service is excellent in thai terms (friendly and careful)
music was funny italian "liscio" sung in thai...no way !!
bottomline: go and enjoy, the place is for tourists but food is good and price is right - you cannot demand more for the price and the area - on the Navigli, certainly not fashionable downtown Milan...

• Visited April 2011